Chapter 29

The drive from the place where the plane landed to hotel was only two kilometers. The whole drive was quiet except my boss informing me about the bidding. He told me about our upper limit, the owner of land and his mortal enemy, Edward Blake who also will be there to compete for the same land. Rest of the drive was quiet and I wanted to listen but my boss denied my request by telling me that he doesn't like to listen music while driving.

Since I had nothing to do, I let myself consume with other thoughts. For few minutes, I thought about my mom, my friends and myself. The other time was spent because I was thinking none other than my boss. I dreamt of him today. It's not in my control of who I see, but still it bugs me. I don't remember my dream completely. All I can assemble is just few blurry images of him and my first and only boyfriend, Kevin. He remind me of my worst mistake. He remind me I fell for someone I shouldn't. He remind me how stupid I was to think that a popular and gorgeous boy can fall for a girl who wears spectacles, creepy braces and roam with books in her hands. At that time, I was too simple and nerd to be notice than now. I use to wear simple tops and jeans. There was nothing special about my dressing and if anyone wanted to see me, they will only find me at classes, library or studying with some of my studious but not friends. How come I see two familiar person in same dream, except the fact I'm never falling for another Kevin Harper.

My boss pull his Mercedes into parking space and we together enter the incredible hotel. The security guards welcome us with warm smile. The interior design of the hotel was jaw dropping and extremely beautiful. I have to literally remind myself from gawking. The Pearl coloured designed walls with golden printing of various design is  catchy. The cool air hit my face and I feel like breathing extremely fresh air. A sweet woman around 26 or more, who is the manager hand over one key to me and another to my boss.
She tells us that everything we need is available and we can call her anytime if we need something. My boss pass her a knowing seductive, attractive smile at her and she respond in positive, understanding everything in one look.

I roll my eyes away from the new budding-but-never-going-to-be-a-couple. Something never changes. Half part of me feels pity for that poor girl who may have develop some sort of instant strings for him and the other half of my part wants to laugh at her foolishness. Don't judge a person by it's looks or status. Not everything we hear is right. If someone's too attractive and beautiful, it doesn't means he or she's the same from the inside. Some of them may have darker souls; a soul you can't resist but end up sharing darkness along with them.

It's a shame that women get easily played.

"Do you need something?" I hear someone say. I blink my eyes, perched my spectacles and see the same woman looking at me. I didn't realize I was actually staring at her when I was sort of judging her and my boss. The look on her face was readable. She clearly was trying to figure the look on my face while successfully managed to pass me a smile. Its the smile that she is obliged to give every single customer who stays in the hotel.

"Nothing!" I reply at the beautiful woman which I haven't noticed until now. She has her chocolaty hair tied into a bun and her big hazel eyes are decorated perfectly with mascara. She is wearing a white blouse with black skirt and high heels. She's skinny and beautiful.

"Mr. Mikealson has left to his room a moment ago.  If you want anything, just give a call. We will be right there for the services, " the girl smiles and I realize what a fool I am. Just like she said, he's gone to his room while I'm, well, clearly and absolutely a fool. Get yourself to work, not bullshit.

With that, I find myself walking into the lift with my bag and as the key says, my room is at the 13th floor, right next to my boss. When the lift open for 13th floor, I step out and find that it's totally different from the first floor. It's simple, no printing and the walls are painted in a very light creamy color. The corridors aren't very wide, nor very narrow. With my key, I enter my room. To my surprise, it's very large and remind me of my boss's office. I drop my purse on the big red couch and prepare myself to appreciate the room. It's large with a king size bed. The one side of the wall is dominated by windows which gives a beautiful view of the LA. The other side of the wall is completely covered with closet. I haven't seen such a big closet. My eyes travel at the small corridor which actually leads to the bathroom. It's actually half the size of the room with modern applications. The room have it's own mini kitchen but empty. Only the small refrigerator has some water bottles.

I was tired even though I slept for three hours in the plane but I wanted to explore more. I was told that everything I want will be available here. I haven't got my clothes so I want to see what is here, to offer me. More importantly I want to bath and change my clothes. I do hope they have night clothes.

I slid apart the doors and the view turn out to be unexpected. Instead of having some short or long girl's dresses, the whole wardrobe is stash with formal to informal male clothes. Yes! Male clothes. From business suites to sweatshirts, ripped jeans, lowers, boots to casual slippers. I move the clothes aside to find any female outfits, but instead I find boxers which was were kept down inside.

Now what kind of freaky service is this? I left it open and find the key of my room to match that I'm in the correct room. The key matches with the room. So what now, do I have to dress in these clothes? I glance at the next door which belonged to my boss. Should I tell him or complain directly to that girl? My decision is the first because I think there maybe a chance that our keys our switched and we have gotten in the wrong room.

I knock his door and within seconds I'm permitted to enter. The room is not a bit different from me, just the color, otherwise every inch of the room is same. I find my boss, whose back is at me, is exploring the closet. I lean on my heels to get a close look.

I was right. We have got the wrong keys, actually got the keys of each other. The closet whom I'm currently watching is filled with women's dresses.

"We've got the wrong key!" I tell him when I was bored that he didn't care to turn and say anything to me, but occupied himself with his little exploration. I'm sure he must know more about women's clothing than me, after all he spends half of his time  in undressing girls.

"Indeed!" He finally turn to me. I watch him, my innerself in shock as I see him holding a bra by it's strap in his fingers. He has no embarrassment, not even a bit.

"I think I should inform the manager." I suggest him and with a blew he drop that bra on the bed, bury his hands in the pockets of his jeans and walk toward me.

"There's nothing to complain about it. You stay here, I stay there. That's the solution. I thought you were good at adjusting skills." He mocks at the end of his words. I twist my lips, without him seeing.

"I still am." I mumble but he was gone from the room.