Chapter 53

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to those who have been with me through the beginning and appreciating and encouraging my work. Here's a special shoutout and dedication from me:
3il33nxo KeilaChirinoz
lilypie212 AnastasiaBaseki
tvd125689 Destiney_Hope

Shoutout to new supporter who decided to give me couple of minutes in voting and commenting.
Socasm Little iffy Cchulie rakamm

Thank you!

The taxi screeched and stopped in the of Mikealson's premises. After my embarrassing little meet with Roseline happened, I took a taxi straight away here.

I rush as the time is ticking and I'm already two minutes late. If the boss has returned, which is hard to reckon, I better reach my cabin as fast as I can. I don't want another facade of humiliation from him. I have a strong feeling that he didn't like the fact that I was in his house this morning, at their breakfast table.

The automatic door opens and I pick my pace to the elevator. Just a few seconds and I'm back to my work.

"Caroline!" A familiar voice called. Oh no! Not now. Whoever this just needs to go away. I don't wanna be late anymore. Groaning, I turn in the hope to come up with something to ignore the person.

In front of me is Mrs. Kensforth, the NGO founder, wrapped in black Armani pencil pants, white shirt, and matching coat. Her short hair is perfectly combed in perfection, the tips are pointing toward her shoulder and her hands are clasped together.
What is she now going here? Come to check if the employee she sends here is working fine or not! Well, guess what, you'd be impressed.

"Mrs. Kensforth?" Surprises on the way.

"Oh please, just call me Pam. How many times do I have to remind you?"
She said with a genuine smile which I'd assumed are out of the market. It's getting hard to guess who is fake and who is real.

"You know I never will, Mrs. Kensforth," I tell her the same thing which I say whenever she pleads me to call her by her first name. Actually, I'm not used to calling elders with their first name. Force of habit and of course one of the mother's achievements.
Respect your elders. Respect your elders even if they are just two years older than you.

"Okay, " Mrs. Kensforth shrugged, "I just had a good talk with your boss and he's quietly impressed with your work. I knew Caroline you gave the right dedication and a good mind. I am really happy I choose you over others and sent you here. You really deserve this."

As tempting and as heartwarming her words sounds, she just passed me the horrible news. Boss is here, in his office. That means now I have to just get there. I know he must be buzzing my intercom by now.

"Yeah, I'm really thankful for your support, Mrs. Kensforth." I show my gestures in dismissal tone but she isn't taking any hint as she went for more.

"I know you'll make me proud. Mr. Mikealson has been my acquaintance for a long time. Before he entered into the world of business, be used to visit our N.G.O. to amplify our goal together and I just happen to receive one of them. We always wanted a reputed ambassador for our bog campaign and I'm glad he signed for this without any-"