Chapter 42

I freeze in silence. What to say now? What to explain? She's my best friend. The friend who warned me about Kevin's true colors, saved me from bullies and even jammed her pen to a guy in our college who commented on my skirt. Yeah, she's protective of me too.

Her eyes are still on the road but her dark and cold looks haven't disappeared for a second. I see her grip on the steering wheel tightens.

"I'm sorry, Selena." I finally speak. She rolled her eyes and keeps on driving with same speed. She is driving so fast that I can't even see what goes away past us. Even my pony has begin to loose and few locks of my hair keeps dancing constantly upon my eyes.  I use my one hand to tuck them away but they won't due to the air.
"Aren't you going to say something?" I ask my best friend when she didn't reply me.

"No! You even don't bother to call or be with me at my hardest time. So I'd assumed that my importance is the least  of your priorities and that explains well why you kept it from me."

"What are you saying, Selena? Just because I didn't called you doesn't mean you have no importance in my life. I was trying to give you space and time."

"Time for what?" She snapped. "To get over the cryings that i use to do on your shoulder, or, to stop complaining why Brian wants to become which I don't want him to be."

I have to compose her or she'll loose control of the car anytime and ofcourse, I owe it to her.  "I will always be there for you no matter what. Its just I want you to face it own and be brave and now see you have done it. You've finally able to make it."

"Mmm.." She began thinks. "Yeah. That's right. I've done great. Thanks Care!" She smiles but its not a smile which you usually give when you are truly satisfied. The uneasiness began to rise once again and I feel stupid for not contacting her or coming for a drive. Her driving skills have improved but right now she's driving like maniac. I'm freezing but she isn't even bothered about it.

"Selena drive slow!" I request her but she doesn't listens to me.

"First tell me you're taking a day off tomorrow."

Manipulater.

"No I Can't. Why don't you understand  its not possible. We can go tomorrow night. I'll get a leave for the day after tomorrow and we can spend all day together."

"No, Mandy and I have other plans for tomorrow night. So it's today."

"Who is Mandy, who you call a slut, your new roommate who had sex with multiple guys every week?" I shout.

"First of all yes, my roommate. Secondly, she's not slut but a girl who knows to have real fun unlike you and thirdly we are getting along pretty well." She tells me and my mind wanders on the road in frustration. The house have disappeared, no kids in my sight, no shops just thousand and thousand acres of deserted land. Selena is driving so fast that we have travelled around that we have covered half of the distance in such short time. So there is no turning back. Now I have agree and cancel out with the truth I had hidden from her. Atleast now I won't have to listen her. I'm done with it. Just one last party and her one last wish. Then I'm back to my work amd I will never give Selena a chance to manipulate her way like this.

"If you'll drive slow, I'll go with you to the party." I yell as the air is whizzing past us constantly that I can't hear my own words. Her convertible car is only making me loose my nerves because Selena is not concerned with the fact that she is actually freezing me to death.

"Good girl." She chimes and finally lowers the speed. I breathe in relief when the piercing air has grown comfortable and a litte warmer. I no longer feel slapped by the air.