Chapter 51

The last time I come at Taco's with Brian was also because of Selena. The only difference in both gatherings is  that I was the one who invited him the first time but today, Brian came to my office to pick me up so we can talk.

The diner smelled similarly like cinnamon as the last time. It is like they have lit incense sticks somewhere. Brain and I take take same seat we took last time.

If I recall clearly, he and I both became friends because of Selena, infact I didn't really spent any quality time with him, except the last one. Otherwise, Selena would always be around. And now I think I understand why she was so keen to never leave me and him alone. She suspected that I may bond with him, or worse, steal Brian from him, which she clearly thinks now.

The same waitress came to take order and we both ordered, two hamburgers, French fries and cokes. I stared at Brian who was quiet the whole time in car and he still is. Just after he had said that we are going to talk about selena, hundreds of thing came into my mind and the first one is obviously this PR thing. I seriously regret about not telling to them. That is the main reason I got stuck with Selena last night. So I better start now.

"I want to—" I began at the same time as Brian and we end up saying the same things. Several chuckles escaped our lips as we smile at each other. I wonder what if I had met him before Selena introduced us, I may have develop a crush on him. He's so cute and charming. Plus, the way he talks, jokes is something you always like to hear no matter what.

"You go first!" I tell him.

"No, you should. Ladies first, right!"

"Okay but what I'm going to tell you will blow your mind."

"Is that so?"

"Yup. So tell me what do know about PR managers?"

"PR manager! Well, Public Relation manager are the professional maintenance of a favourable public image by a company or other organization or a famous person. Why did you ask this anyway?"

"First thing, you are so good at mugging up things, second you are correct but the third thing is this doesn't apply in my case." I tell him and see his expression magnifies. So I continue," I'm the PR manager, and it means personal manager, it's more like—"

"Secretaries!" He finishes and now look at him in confusion, "Chill! It's quite famous term now. Mikealson's Corporations aren't the only one to use those. My dad told me about some firm with the same system."

"So you were aware when I told you!"

"Not quite but now I'm. And looks like you were unaware about it to."

"Yes, I was. My job letter said that it's was the personal manager post, but I thought it's was a misprint. Anyways, tell me what you wanted to talk about Selena?"

His senses become more alerted and he looked pissed. I guess he's as angry as I'm with her.
"Well, there not really much left to discuss about Selena as you already know what she is doing to herself. But I wanted to know what happend last night. I was scared shit when you were with her."

"Basically my time was annoying with her, especially when her new roomie, Mandy was with us." And then I told the details about her coming to my home, convincing me with lies and then how she blackmailed me to visit college for stupid party. Brian intruppted in between saying that he was sure that Selena had some crappy thing planned for me there. Then I fill him how I get back, without making a big thing about that I stayed at Kol's. Instead I told him that he dropped me back home.

"It's all my fault. If I had not taken your name, none of this would have happened." He says in remorse and I make a disapproving face. It's not his fault actually. Whatever he said, it was truth. I was their hanging link, trying to make them one, whenever Selena do something stupid. So, if anyone is really responsible for this fiasco, then Selena must be blamed.

"Nonsense! I disagree but if you're feeling so much of guilty, then why don't you help me make Selena better. She's actually ruining her life. And somehow, I'm partially responsible. I didn't happened to with her when she needed me when infact she was always with me." I say facts which are correct. One may say that distance are automatically formed when you're not with someone. And it's indeed right. My friend from english class in high school is the living example. She was sweet and caring and I thought our friendship will last long even if she moved to another city, but within a months, we were out of contact. Same thing has happened with Selena. We parted because I was able to finish my graduation before her and luckily got a job.

"I'm so not helping her and you would be doing a stupid thing if you are thinking about it." Brian disagree with me and ate few fries. I take a bite from my burger and chewed it. He took the sip of coke meanwhile.

"I don't know why, I kind of feel like I owe her. She said it on my face that I was not bothered about her anymore because I got new life, and a new job!"

"See, she's full of attitude and arrogance and extremely high on drugs. Trust me it's nothing more than a headache to make her understand. I bet she had not contacted you till now because I can bet she's still crawling on her bed with her head high. Nick told me the party lasted for 3 in the morning."

"Yeah, she didn't call me but I can't give up on her. Either I tell her parents about it which will complicate things or you can help me help her."

"I really can't. Remember I have a girlfriend and she isn't very fond of Selena which I don't know why."

"Fine. Skip Selena. How about you find anything on her roommate?"

"Roommate?" He raised his brows.

"Yes her roommate." I clarify. "She's the main source of her ruining and I think I know her but I just don't remember."

"She may have been in one of your classes. Or you crossed path. The campus isn't really that big."

"Not that. I know more than this. Yes, I have seen her, but I don't have any memories about glancing at her in classes. I think I met her at one of the parties. One of the Halloweens, I'm sure of it."

"Fine whatever you say. What's her name again?"

"Mandy!"

"Mandy as in? What's her full name?"

"I have no idea!"

"Then how the hell am I suppose to find anything about her?"

"As you said the campus isn't very enormous. Sure you can find about her."

"There may be twenty or more of Mandy. Moreover I think it's a nick name. How the hell am I— wait. You said you saw her at the Halloween's."

"I think so!"

"I have all pics of them. Maybe we can  find her in one of them."

His idea is actually good even if it is time taking. There are hundreds or more pics of Halloween of each year and I don't exactly remember in which year I saw her. I don't know why but my mind can't get off her. Mandy surely seems like an awful person and I have a very bad feeling about her. Snakes began to appear in my mind if I think of her. Kaa, the cobra, if to be very specific.

Brian tells me that the pictures are stored in his laptop and his laptop is in his car. Since I have twenty minutes left to go back to work, I decided to go through the pictures right now. We finish our lunch, and I pay after a small argument which I won when I tell him that my salary has been credited to my account and I'm paying as a treat.

We slumped down in his car. Quickly Brian opened his laptop, and turned the power on. The window is loading while so many things started to swarm in my mind. One of those thing I wanted that whatever bad feeling about her I have become true. That will the easy way for me make Selena understand. Second, I really trust my feelings and I hardly mistake in recognizing people. The laptop finally opened, the itching screen light pierce my vision. I blink several times to adjust with the light but things turns out in very different way. I look at the display pic and I can't believe myself.  It's Brian with his cute little smile, and shining eyes, and beside him, is clinged a girl who I recognize instantly. Mandy.

"This girl—"

"—Is my girlfriend, Amanda McCall."