Chapter 84

Klaus's POV.

"Klaus, my car is still not found?" My sister complains as she climbs downstairs, forming a fuming face.

"They located it. I've sent it to the company for repair." I answer, sitting on the dining table. "The damage was nasty and is costing me a fortune."

"That is not my fault if your choice of bodyguard tries to steal it away and Caroline." She groans and takes the chair in front of me.

I reach for maple syrup. "You don't have to rub it on me over and over again!" I give her sharp eyes. "And you mind wanna watch your voice. Kol is not aware of Caroline's disappearance. He's working on his new project. I don't want him distracted about her."

"Really?" She makes an unbelievable kind of look. "I thought you cared about that poor girl?"

I wish I had a better way to explain everything.

"I do!" I sigh." But I'm not that sort who leaves everything just to find a blonde girl who can't keep her legs inside this home. I told her not to go out and she did on her responsibility."

"God, it has been over a week, Nik?" She grabs the newspaper.

"I know but Cops are looking for her. There's nothing we can do."

She turns page upon page. "And why isn't her photo circulating everywhere? Caroline's photo should be all over the newspapers and the news channel."

"It is not that simple. I've discussed with mom and dad and I'm going to tell you, too that Caroline's mother isn't aware of her absence."

"She is her mother, Nik. For god's sake, she must know."

"I'm afraid it's not that simple, Rebekah." I try to reassure her. The only thing I'm hardly getting any success. First Caroline, then she and god know who's next. "We will find her. I have a feeling she is fine wherever she is."

"And what about Wane?"

"Facial recognition is on work. Cops are checking every possible camera that exists and works in the United States. "

"I still can't believe why her? What is so wrong with her that someone can commit such a crime."

"Leave that to me. And besides, none of us know if she is really taken by someone or Wane. She might have willingly gone somewhere by herself as well "

She blinks her eyes probably trying to figure out what she must do now. I don't want her to get involved in deadends. Instead, she rolls her eyes to mock at me.  "I go to school. I can't think this much. This Christmas sucks."

"Yeah, this Christmas did bring some unwanted presents with it," I comment back as she leaves from here. I've hired a new and much capable bodyguard for her who I trust enough he won't let any harm come to my little sister.

I've already been distracted enough and this wedding needs to get over as soon as quickly. I've never imagined a January wedding but since it's not going to last longer then I don't give a shit what month it is.

"Missing someone?" Someone snaps me back to reality.

I look up and force a smile at her. Rose puts her hand on my shoulder and sits beside me. I take that hand and kiss on it as a sweet and romantic gesture.

"Of course you, my love!" I state.

"How are you handling everything?"

"Why would you think that?"

"Well, Caroline hasn't shown up for a week. You might be worried."

"Yeah she is but searching her is a police job, not mine. And I have other priorities that need so much more attention."