Chapter 69

Now that I feel I know about it, I can see the subtle moments of flicker in his eyes that screams he feels something. But I can't let go of what is happening between him and Roseline. If I just had a heart to heart conversation with him, then I would have asked what is the real truth or is I am too blind that I'm mistaking caring with love.

Boss says, snapping me out of my thoughts. "What did he said to you then?"

I look up and told him about his offer but hid the latter part. He doesn't need to know until I confirm that myself. I'm still not fully convinced. My first goal is to dig deep and then come to the final conclusion.

"How dare he!" Boss scowl. Well, that was expected. "We have to find a permanent solution for this until my father willingly decides to send Edward prison."

"Permanent solution?" I query. Don't say that. Don't say that. I don't want to leave the job now. Please don't say it again. You had already suggested me to leave my job because of him.

"How about you stay at my house for a while?" Boss asks, making my eyes wide and mind loose.

"What?" My reaction was spontaneous. I couldn't really believe it. The guy who left his imprint on my wrist after he found me in his room now wants me to stay at home, his freaking home.

"For temporary. You can stay so he won't be able to chase you anywhere. You'll come office with me or my trusted drivers, safely."

"No, I'm serious!" I emphasize.

"So do I," he looked back intently. "What's a problem in that?"

"I mean," I don't know what to say. And of course, I want it too. In that way, I'll be so close to him but all of a sudden it's seems too quick since I know so much. "I don't know what to say. Do you really offer this solution whenever your employee is in the problem?"

Boss looked taken aback." None of my employees are like you. If they had the chance of what Edward had offered, they wouldn't have even thought of thinking about it twice. I have seen it first hand. But you took a long journey with me. I admire that about you."

Admire! Me!

"Umm, okay?" I was still confused. Staying with him for how long. I actually came to resign but he wants me to keep in his watch. Shame, I will never ever convince my mother. My freaking uncle made sure of that. "But I can't"

I didn't even look up to see the reaction. It's not easy, trust me. "Why?" He asks.

"I cannot just go to your home. Moreover, Edward told me if I stayed out of your life, he'll let me live in peace."

"And what the hell is that mean?" He became angry.

"He wants me out." I specified.

"Do you want to?"

"No!" I answer when my reply should be in yes. How the hell am I supposed to convince my mother, especially after my uncle is hovering over us?

"Then it's settled. You can move in whenever you want." He announces.

"What about my mom? Am I suppose to leave her alone? What if—"

"She can come too. I'm not tensed about it."

"But what if she doesn't want to?"

"Then I can do nothing. But you are settling in. Edward is obsessed with going after the people I care about."

He said it, oh my my my!

"What are you smiling at?" He broke my trance. I wasn't even aware I was blushing.

"Uh, nothing. It's just. I don't know if mom will let me go or not. She's very—"

"Strict?"

"Protective!" Not to forget the resign part.

Honestly thinking, I haven't really felt for someone after Kevin. The time has been so long after I stopped letting anyone come near me or vice versa. This is the first time I've spend so much time with a guy. And it is making me go insane, in a good way.

"You don't have to worry about that," Boss says. "I'll talk to her."

"No!" I almost shouted very loudly. My mom is not going to get convinced, not by him. Thank you uncle, again that now she is well aware of him and Edward's rivalry.

"Why not?" He query.

"It's bad. You should really leave me the way I'm." I defend my mother's choice. He doesn't need to know about it.

"If you say so," he gave up, making me go beyond surprise. He let go of it this quickly. Now I'm confused back again. He is impossible. "I won't talk to her."

I nod, hiding my misery.

"Are you sure you want to start working this early?" He broke the silence between us.
"You still look weak and gloomy?"

If he just sees through me, he would know why!  "I'm fine. How are you feeling after this, I mean after the attack?"

"Everyone asked how I am. But you are the first person who asked me how I feel." He tells me as I match my eyes with his. I miss those beautiful pair, sometimes they shine, and sometimes they grim.

"Are those two things different?" I enquire.

"For me, yes! It does. They think I'm fine, physically but what goes in and out of my mind and heart is no one's concern. They are bot bothered enough to find out."

"Not even, Roseline?" I still look at him to see any sort of change. And it was. Subtle but I felt it.

"Why are you asking about her? You never talk of her."

"Nah, just curious I guess." Just tell me already.

"Not even her." He gave me the answer and I feel like if I've conquered something. Roseline zero, Caroline one. "Are you sure you'll be okay on your own?"

"I think I am, now" I say.

--------

Vote!!!!