Chapter 3

I rest my head upon my desk to ease my nerves. I was hoping for a job where I can utilize my skills and knowledge for something productive but instead, here I'm going through a bunch of files and.....

Oops! Files! I was supposed to read the files and present the details. I immediately picked up the red file ' Alberto casino's joint venture'. There were several papers with every single detail about the project. The location, investment, asset and so many more. I almost finished the third page when I hear a loud bang. I look around and saw another door. God! What's the deal with the doors. Am I in Hogwarts? Huh!

I put the file back on the desk and walk cautiously toward that door. I hesitatingly hold the knob and slowly open the door. The room attached to mine is so familiar. The same chocolate and white walls, the same two bookshelves, and the same cotton sofa.........

Wait! What?

My boss is laying across one of his cotton sofa with another girl straddling him. This is so uncomfortable. Before they can see me, I immediately shut the door slowly without making any noise and lean my back against it.

My office is attached to the office. This is so not happening!

I really need a check in HR. Looks like not having an interview is a lot of trouble.

_______

As the day ended, I  start my car and hit the road. My first day, at my new job, has been hot and cold.

To be honest, I am really not satisfied. It's taking a lot to digest to work in a place, where I shouldn't be. I'm not used to be around these kinds of places where making out shamelessly is a usual thing. Maybe it's because I've never been to before. Even at my prom, my best friend, Selena walked with me. It's just how I'm.

I slide down the window glass and let the cool breeze chill me so it can take my mind off the things I should ignore.

Within 15 minutes, I stop my car in front of my driveway, then grab my purse and get out.

"SURPRISE!"

I bolted, my hand over my chest when I spun around, after slamming the car door and find Selena in front of me.

"Oh my God! You scared the hell out of me!". I shriek.

"Oh!". She regretted immediately." I wasn't scaring you, I thought you'd be happy to see me"

"Of course I am, Selena. God! I missed you". I pout at my best friend and wrap her in an embrace. She and I have been best friends since high school. She's beautiful and I'm always jealous of her wavy copper hair. We applied for the same college but I completed my semester a year before her.

"How's college? Did you got another roommate?" As we separate, I ask her.

"College's good but my new roommate is kinda slut! Every next day, I find her fucking a new guy in OUR dorm room". Selena replied dryly.

I raise my brows in amusement. Guess, it's not me only going through a GROSS phase.

"What about Brian? Are you both still not talking?" I was concerned. Brian is her boyfriend and my other close friend at college. We three used to hand out together. They are dating each other for more than a year in an on-and-off relationship as Selena is possessive.

"I tried to talk but every time he blew me off. " She replied glumly, regretting her actions.

"I'll call him, tonight," I tell her.

"No! Definitely not. I'll handle it on my own." She protested and changed the topic. "But what about you! Your mom told me you got a job! And you didn't tell me? Not even Brian?" She keeps her hands on her hips, trying to act angry at me.