Chapter 36

I keep the tea cup back in it's place after I choked on it at the stinging comprehension. Why it's was him? Always him! My dream is now Crystal clear to me and I remember every bit of it. Though the resemblance is blur, I didn't miss to feel the warmth of his body against me or how I was craving for it.  I liked it, I liked everything in my dream.

This thought is solely enough for me to realize the truth that he's got under my skin and the only way of getting it out is to stay away as far as away from him. I can lie to anyone but not me.  It's slipping out of my hand. And my thoughts and my dreams are inhabited by him. And even at this particular moment I'm still thinking about him.

Enough!

I get up and storm in the bathroom and let the cold water takeover me.
Within in an hour I am dressed in my clothes. I don't think the hotel management would mind if I'd take any of the dresses they have stored in the closet but the last thing I want is something that remind me of the last night incident.

Leaving the half empty cup tea, I take my phone with me and walk out of the room. The sooner I leave, the better but I can't go back to Brooklyn without my boss. It's not like I can't book a ticket and reach on my own, but leaving like that alone, again has it's own consequences. I should better go, talk to him and wait for him to apologise. Yes hell, I'm not getting away with an apology and a clear cut statement that I will no more longer be part of his little adventurous trip.

The moment I stepped out at the corridor, clattering noises filled the air. I followed the sound and see the lady manager coming out of my boss's room. I'm sure I heard myself hissing at her when she sees me and pass me a smile. I reach her and through the open door, I see several cleaners busy wiping of the disaster my boss made.

All of a sudden, boss appears out of no where and with a small patch of book.
He's wearing now a dark brown shirt with a pair of blue jeans. His hair is damp and the moistness tells me that he just came out of the shower.

"There you are!" He says to me in such a cool manner that I wanted to throw up the tea I drank. "We're leaving. Get your things." What?  He is acting cool like nothing has happened.

I stare at him, while his eyes now lowers at the book he is holding. He then scribble something on it and tear the part apart. It was a checkbook.

"Are you sure it was me who did it?" He ask the lady manager and pass the check to her.

Embarrassed, she reply. "I understand that you don't remember doing it sir, but we assure you no one can enter this room without you." And take the check as a penalty.

"Whatever, but if I did it then I'm sure it was worth it." He chuckles proudly and walk away from us to the dresser. Two men came out of the room with broken ornaments he'd turn into shreds last night while the other two are still cleaning inside.

"What do you mean he doesn't remember doing it?" I ask the manager when boss was out of earshot.

"When we asked him about the damage he did to the room, he denied it."

"Denied it but I was there when he was breaking everything!"

"That's what we told him. We showed him the CCTV footage of the corridors. Only two people had gone in the room. He and you!"

"What did he say?" I tap the floor impatiently. Did he say what he did or hide it. Or made some story?

"He said he doesn't remember what happened last night!"