12. Riverstones and Jerkies

Dr. Brownski needed four more attempts until Flora survived the operation, but he was ecstatic about the results and Flora's willingness to be his guinea pig.

Flora was happy as well. Her physical vigor rose by two to 13 and defense one point to 13 and additionally, magical perception reached 13 too. She even got a new affinity/resistance: metal. It got five levels at the moment. Which didn't help in the MI metal building, but it was enough to offset her 2 OV metal handicap in another environment.

Now, she had Aidan's jack in her nock, and they could speak telepathically.

Flora to Aidan: "It's your task to help me make the best decisions for becoming a strong player, sweety! And, of course, to make sure that I don't miss any appointments or commitments."

Aidan to Flora: "Yes, milady! You are 5 minutes late for your meeting with Radglory Flow, milady."

"Oh, buggers. Please, remind me 5 minutes before and not after!"

Flora hastily bid goodbye to Dr. Brown and hurried out of the building. She couldn't beam from there because Aidan explained, the MI building is from a different world and only accessed the Metaworld.

"BLEAMTO Clan Riverstones Headquarters TOBLEAM!"

Flora landed in front of a sandstone archway which created an opening in a massive 10 m high wall. The carving on the arch read 'Clan Riverstone'. Beneath it was a logo: a sine curve with a stone under its high point and one over its low point.

 Beneath it was a logo: a sine curve with a stone under its high point and one over its low point

'Those rascals stole my label design!'

Flora's label was a sine curve with a stylized lotus flower touching the wave on its high and low point.

Aidan to Flowing Flowers: "May I suggest that we activate the zone information?"

Flowing Flowers to Aidan: "Sure. What's that?"

Zone Information

Name: Clan Area

Subzone: Clan Riverstones HQ

Color: Orange

Enemies
Defeat: Death
Cornered: 2h
Drop: 20,00%
Neutral
Defeat: Defeat
Cornered: 2h
Drop: 0,00%
Friends
Defeat: Defeat
Cornered: 30sec
Drop: 0,00%

Aidan to Flowing Flowers: "It shows you, what happens when we get defeated, Milady. At the moment we are neutral to Clan Riverstones and getting defeated would mean we have to spend two hours in the looser's corner. Additionally the debuff 'Freshly operated' is active. I may suggest, that we display buffs and debuffs as well."

Flora agreed, and Aidan explained that a debuff is a prolonged effect weakening the player and a buff is the opposite.

In Flora's upper vision appeared a symbol of a body with a timer ticking down from 00:52:03. When she focused on the icon, she got the following message: "Freshly Operated: - 10 health per minute."