91. Temple Business

Flora appeared in her workshop. It wasn't her current workshop, but the old one of her CAD-system.

She saw a woman working on one of the benches, resizing a globe with subtle gestures and for a millisecond, she thought it was herself and had an out of body experience, but then her reason caught up.

"Evai?"

"Flora!"

Now, in the privacy of her workshop, the similarity between them hit Flora harder.

It was so strange looking in her own face and not knowing what expression it would produce next or what words would come out of its mouth. Not that she knew what she was going to say next, most of the time.

"Is this as strange for you as it is for me?"

"No," Evailyn said with a shit-eating grin. "In the case we will be interrupted, I'll start with the most important part, the options I have for contacting you. I'll tell you a bit about the rules governing the gods of the Cetviwos. Furthermore, I want you to know my limitations because you have a knack for working around restrictions."

Flora nodded and smiled. Prioritizing had been one of Evai's strong suits. Flora had missed it and celebrated its reappearance in her life.

"Generally, the powers of a god depend on the number of their followers and the place.

Currently, I'm a minor god with 19 231 followers. If I fall below 10 000, I become a guardian spirit; if I rise above 100 000, I advance to god.

As a minor god, I can send visions to my followers when they sleep in my main temple—one per week, and this week, Deriga got it."

"Wait, is it already next week, because this is a vision as well, right?"

"No, the week starts on Monday One. I interpreted your requests as 'heartfelt prayers'. Praying allows the gods additional reaction. Additionally, I saved up a few visions and quests for rainy days. Honestly, I regret doing that now. I hadn't realized the deterioration of my Church. More to that later." She sighed. "Once a month, I'm allowed to do a miracle. You used it up with the alchemist. I'm not permitted to manifest except if called by a major god or a champion. Are you following me so far?"

"No. Sorry. Can you display it as a table?"

"We must act all high and mighty and mysterious

"We must act all high and mighty and mysterious. I'm bending the rules quite a bit, love."

"Thank you. I appreciate it. Are we under time constraints now?"

"The vision is limited by your ability to sleep."

"No problem, I can easily nap two hours." Flora grinned and looked around for someplace to get comfortable. Trying the workshop controls, she discovered she had access and produced two armchairs. "So, how do you like the new job?"