56. I'm the champion!

Flora hopped to Jump Beach, the Seven Masters Dojo, and last but not least to the Garage.

Two wind elementals followed her. They had no problem keeping up with her freerunning. During martial arts, Aito was adamant about no magic in the library, and that included elementals. Flora settled the dispute by commanding them to stay under the container and not rile up the pets of the other students.

The daily quest at the Garage consisted of assembling a dragonfly drone. Flora was inspired. After she finished the quest, she purchased the wings and robot arm and replaced the body with a toaster. She even integrated a little bowl for the jam in the front and adjusted the programming that it would fly to friendly targets with the lowest satiety bar.

Satisfied, she patted the sleek construction. Her last few toasters failed to reach her standard. The golden "If you have nothing to brag about, you can still show off this Toaster" was more concept art than practical and the "Welcome to the Metaworld"-Toaster more cathartic than beautiful and the "Household Standard" just dull. A part of her had feared that she had lost her touch. But the "Dragonfly Toaster" looked great, oscillating and shiny, and it expanded the scope to flying toasters.

She empathized with the Wright brothers and Neil Armstrong! 'That's one small flutter for a toaster, but one giant leap for household appliances!'

The library of the Garage was barely bigger than Aito's favorite container but packed with books. The most prominent shelf was dedicated to mechanics, another broad shelf to electronics, and two smaller ones to smithing and magetech. Nestled in the corner, a single board with the label 'Misc' hung near the ceiling.

First, Flora browsed the smithing section and found the manual for the hammer at once. After fetching the original pageturner, she gave the book to Aitoshuri to read.

<Tinker>!

<Overcharge Regular Mode>!

During the martial arts training, she had already gotten an error message that Aito had exceeded her connections, but the AI insisted that she could read regardless. There was an option to let the AI activate and deactivate the connections by themself. After enabling it for Aito, the error message went away. Flora assumed that Aito used the feature to switch back and forth between the mana-battery and reading.

Flora walked around the room and swept over the spines with her gaze.

"Highlight the books you think I should read soon or you want to read, sweeties! Aidan in blue, Aito in yellow."

Instantly every book in the library glowed yellow. Blinded, Flora closed her eyes.

"Maximal five books for Aito!" She amended before carefully opening them again.

Now, only three books shone yellow, two books glowed green but went to blue shortly afterward, and two new books had a yellow shine.

Blue:

"The Art of Refinement - Vol. 4 Refinement of Metals."

"Generate Mana. A basic Guide."

Yellow:

"Basic Machines and their Components. BluePrint Compendium."

"Useful Rune Schemes for Tinkerers."

"Spellbook of the Novice Technician."

"Spellbook of the Novice Smith."

"Energy Storage - Mana, Stamina, Electricity."

Apart from the slim booklets, the Blueprint Compendium was over 600 pages thick.