49. Conference

In the workshop, she met Deriga. She stood in the middle and didn't dare to move a step.

"What's up, dear?"

"It feels like a holy place!"

Flora shrugged.

"The buffs are still active because our real bodies reside in the consecrated space."

"No, I mean, it feels like the Goddess walked this room. I can feel the aura of Evailyn."

"Oh. Yes, I can explain that. Let's go to the simulation grounds first. What kind of fighting do you practice?"

"Fighting?"

"Yes, what do you do to protect yourself if your mana has run out?"

"I run away screaming? I mean, I pray, of course!"

Flora waved Deriga over to the dummies.

"Just hit them with your fists."

After activating the plasma sword and setting plasma sword fighting on auto mode, Flora watched her movements. After a while, she chose a diagonal slash that had a significant hip movement for linking the skill plasma sword dance to it.

Then she watched for a while to be sure her plan worked. The first part went well enough. Her body trashed the dummy, and when it performed the diagonal slash, the skill got activated. But after the Plasma-Sword-Dance ended, her body stood around dumbly. Just when Flora wanted to change things up, the dummy attacked her with its ax. Her body started moving again, fighting with the plasma sword.

Now, she configured the simulation grounds. She built a cliff above the sea. A cursed cliff! Because she wanted to level faith and climbing and swimming and diving and ... Okay, she wanted to level a thousand things. On a ledge, she put the bed and in a cave the library container and a few blade-rollers. Then she saved this configuration. Then she added a small pool with a connection to a hot spring and hit save again. She had gotten used to having a jacuzzi and wouldn't want to miss it.

"Concentrate on hitting the dummy with the intention never to stop hitting it, dear!"

At last, she copied Deriga and herself.

"Great!" Flora exclaimed, watching her debuffs.

Unholy Place: - 3 OV to all attributes.

Flora connected the library-container and one blade-roller.

First, she cast the skills on the container.

<Overcharge Regular>!

A happy gurgling noise came from Aitoshuri, and the pages turned faster.

<Tinker>!

The insides of the container started to glow.

Built-In Feature: En-Lightening

Description: Aura. Increases the Training efficiency modifier while reading.

CD: 25 min

Temporary: 29min 56sec remaining.

"This buff is excellent! Deriga, do you mind if we read a bit before we go over the furnishing?"

"No. I need the time to process all the strange things I've seen."

"Then you wouldn't mind, giving me the book on runes back for the duration?" Flora was embarrassed about asking, but her desire to dive into the world of runes won out.

"Sure." Deriga pulled it out of her satchel.

Immediately, Flora dove into the book. It was a beginner's guide to runecraft. It started with what materials were suitable to write or carve them. Basically, everything but metal had merits, especially stones. The book recommended a chalkboard to train and preparing healing potions for unexpected effects.