2.54 Homebody

Even though it was only one more day in RL until the patch would roll out, it amounted to 210 hours in time-dilation. Flora hadn't been conscious of that implication when she had decided to spend the rest of the time in her bedroom. Now, she felt as if she had been quarantined. Albeit, being quarantined with a top-notch entertainment system, a workshop, and access to an island with a spa area was luxurious.

Flora filled her time with a mixture of pleasurable things, useful things, and pleasurable and useful things.

First, she had to solve the household robotics quest for Evailyn. The time-limit was nearly up.

Despite planning on getting the "home appliance" type for her Killer-Blender, she wanted to soften the system before pushing the borders.

Flora created a robot-arms addon for cleaning cabinets. They could load and unload the cabinet, sort dishes by type, and fold laundry. One could add them to most cleaning cabinets with a spanner mechanism, either on top for front loaders or vertical for top loaders.

Next, she built a household staple of the 21 century, the vacuum cleaner robot. It was basically a little can that scurried around and sucked dirt. Whereas her Cleaning Cabinet Loader had the type "Hybrid: Robot/Home Appliance", the Vacuum Cleaner Robot 2050 had only "Home Appliance" as a designation.

Last but not least, Flora recreated Robby's School-Breakfast Robot, in a fancier version, of course: A cooling box to the right, a toaster to the left, and a teenage ninja turtle lunchbox and robot arms in the middle. When activated, the arms put any toast shaped items in the cooler in the toaster, any apple or juice shaped items directly in the lunchbox, and cheese, sausages, or spreads on the finished toast. The original version had problems with spreads. It had regularly applied the butter on top of the marmalade. The Cetviwos version didn't have this issue, thanks to Aidan's and Aito's superior programming abilities.

Quest completed: Household Robotics (Church of Evailyn)

Description: Build three household robots.

Rewards:

- +1 level Faith

- +1 Reputation

- Crafting XP (Mechanics, Electronics, Runecraft)

Difficulty: C

Time: 2.1 of 3 days

Rating: S

Although Flora's printers were still busy printing training boxes and multi-tool scepters, she let them build two exemplars of the robot. One went to Robby, and one produced toasts for her shop. She bought a variety of spreads and bread from the AH to test them out. Of course, she included every type of bread her neighbor Bakery Gottfriedl offered.

Flora was puzzled about the continued sales of the training boxes. She had Aidan add a warning label that the next Cetviwos patch would severely limit the functionality. This led her to think that future patches might be a problem for all of her products, so she put a general disclaimer on them.

Building a rune-suit was another crafting project. Flora learned much about the game mechanics of armor suits. The most fantasy version was called runic armor, basically body armor with rune schemes to enhance them. The goal of every paladin, knight, or heavy warrior was to own such protection. The armor had a fixed cost of MR/min. The few models, in which you could push more Mana-Reg, didn't improve their overall armor rating, but only the runes' effect. Flora wasn't interested in building one of those.

A rune-suit was a mech-suit with no electronics and no motors. However, it functioned like a mech-suit, supporting your movement, making you stronger, had its own HP pool, and provided special skills. The same game-mechanics as mech-suits governed the armors. If one invested more mana-reg into them, the entire ensemble strengthened.