37. Workshop Expansion

Flora's mailbox was blinking again.

Hello, Flowing Flowers,

a pleasure to do business with you ...

Modifications to your workshop completed ...

Flora stopped reading and sprang back into the training coffin.

Eagerly she logged into the workshop.

The familiar sight of the workbench and the gothic windows with the electrical household appliances greeted her. But instead of 6 windows, there were twelve!

She saw that a new workshop to the left had appeared. A furnace and an anvil stood on the floor, and smithing tools decorated the walls.

Next to it, smaller anvils, magnifying glasses, and smaller smithing tools were arranged.

'The first is obviously a smithy, the second workshop maybe for jewelry or goldsmithing?'

Her workshop was rather big, to begin with, but now she had to strain her eyes to look at the other end. So she jogged from booth to booth and shouted the name of the craft with glee: "Tailoring! I don't now that, maybe working with leather? Cooking! Chemistry or maybe Alchemy! Woodworking!"

At last, she bounced off an invisible wall. Now that she wasn't running, she saw a blue line on the floor, cutting off 1/4 of the space.

"What's up with the invisible wall, Aidan?"

"That is the new testing facility, Milady. It was on your to-buy list as well."

"Right! The Simulation-Ground!"

Aidan showed her the controls, and Flora started to configure the environment.

A miniature of a room appeared next to Flora.

Depth: 2m

Terrain: Water

She lowered the viewpoint to ground level.

Creatures: Random Fish - Friendly - Level 3

Weather: Sunny

<Execute!>

The Simulation-Ground changed at once. Where one second ago was an empty room, now water reached beyond Flora's head, and she saw fish swimming.

Flora stood beyond the invisible wall and stared at her oversized aquarium.

"Awesome!"

The facility was only 25x25m, which was significant for an aquarium but small for some of the other things in Flora's mind like skiing or detonating nuclear bombs.

The ground was for testing products in different climates or under different conditions. A truck should work in the desert and the arctic. Hiking boots should perform in the mud, over spiky stones, and a bit of water shouldn't make the insides wet.

After Flora figured out how to put things into her aquarium, she fetched the Potion Guzzler.

"Good luck!"

A hologram of a scanning device manifested and swept over the hat. Then a copy of the Potion Guzzler appeared as a hologram in front of Flora and inside the aquarium.

Slowly the hat sank to the ground of the lake. Air bubbles escaped from the mouthpiece but didn't leak from the casing.

Next to the hologram, statistics appeared about the condition of the helmet. Water filled the tubes, but the valves prevented it from entering the potion vials.