2.7 Building a Training Facility

Back in her lair, Flora entered her workshop.

At Sunday's party, Flora had hammered out the details of the training facility with Lana, the Riverstones CFO. The old gym would stay, and she would create the new one next to it.

All buildings on the compound had to look like bamboo huts, with no exceptions made. Thankfully, Lana had transmitted the exterior plan to Flora, so she wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel. Flora's printer had churned out the components during the day. Lorky and Torky, her forklift robots, had packed everything into containers.

Lana's next request regarded the energy consumption, and she had voiced concerns over the utility bill. Flora would solve the issue by building mana generators. Her most space-efficient model needed an external energy source and was as big as a ping pong ball.

As the power source, Flora would utilize the same toxic waste she had used for her training mech suit. It emitted a mixture of poison and radiation. Team Four-One had come through and delivered several tons to Flora's printer.

Her mech suit had been a spur of the moment thing, for using the toxic waste as a building material, Flora had to test it more. She took the mana-generator ball with extraction rune schemes, connected mana wires to it, and slotted it to a 1 MR/min lamp. She had bought the little buffet lamp during her first crafting spree to test whether the generators worked. Then she surrounded the ball with the toxic waste until the light bulb started to work. For stability reasons, she added 15% more waste.

Like every mana generator, it needed clearance. To ensure the required distance of one meter, Flora created a support frame. The final product was a 1-meter high column with the ball on one end and a construct to connect to the ball of another column on the other end.

Flora's biggest concern was that the material would lose its toxicity with time. She grinned−a refreshingly new problem.

The workshop included the simulation grounds. A virtual environment to test creations. After sifting through the endless options, Flora found what she was looking for: a feature for long time tests.

To prevent side effects, she had to destroy the unholy cliff.

"You served me well, and I'll miss you," Flora mumbled. She hoped Eddie had saved the rubber duckies in the controls. She would miss their company in the hot tub. Even more concerning was the loss of Deriga's workshop.

The stacked training of lair + workshop + simulation grounds + Deriga's workshop was the key to her stat growth, especially the growth of affinities and abilities. She trained the other stats at five times the speed of other persons because of the SSS Rating she got during character creation. On the other hand, her affinities had only the average C rating except for Faith. Sleeping in Deriga's workshop gave her four times the growth for them and twenty times for Attributes and Skills compared to other players.

Flora laughed. It was the first time she put a number on her advantage. No wonder that her attributes exceeded expectations. Her growth in one week was as much as twenty weeks training for her poor fellows. And only twenty weeks, if they worked out as much as she slept.

Shaking her head, Flora deleted everything and created a cement plain.

She connected three columns and five columns vertically and put them together with a single column and enough lamps for the maximum produced mana into the simulation grounds. Because she forgot to construct something to fasten them, she went back to the workbench and created a base. After loading it into the simulation, she erected three pillars, with the height of one meter, three meters, and five meters, each surrounded by glowing lamps.