2.36 Animator

Flora dashed out of the building, and Aidan led her to a flyover which connected the trees of the Talpica's city center.

How would you drive if you were immortal? Flora discovered the answer to this question while running next to swaying and honking sci-fi and fantasy vehicles: Like an absolute maniac. After only 200 meters, Flora had passed a griffin ramming a submarine off the street and two smoking vehicle wrecks, ironically one of them a firetruck.

Because Flora valued her virtual life, she jumped off the flyover into the park. Of course, she had to pay another speeding ticket but arrived at the magical university with a few minutes to spare.

The technologically inclined passerby thinned out, and the fantasy-themed people dominated the crowd. Magisters in elaborate robes, Witches with pointed hats, persons dressed in feather costumes passed the loggy at the entrance.

Flora registered for the animator course.

****************

Course: Animator Class

Description: Learn to animate objects. Create your own animated companion and mount.

Requirements:

- Kinetic Mage Class

- Earth, Wood, or Metal Mage Class

- More than ten levels in a crafting ability

Duration: 4 hours

Cost: 200 credits or Quest Materials for the Mages

Location: Wood-Dome 574

****************

After Flora paid the credits, she received a prompt, whether she wanted to use the guidance system to the classroom. Although she was pleased with Aidan's navigation, she wanted to see what the Cetviwos had to offer to people without AIs.

In front of Flora, a greenish misty line appeared and led her via three rollercoasters to the dome.

"I like it. Aidan, use this method for your guidance as well. You can vary the strength of the mist to show me how fast I can go."

Flora entered the classroom. Already, half of the 50 seats were filled with mostly young females. She strolled to the last row, fetched one Octopussy and Aidan's console and donned the Counter-Flow mech-suit.

After sitting down, she activated the boosted Ora Et Labora and connected it to Mana Cultivation. Then she logged into her Workshop and loaded a Dodging Box with a training dummy and faith, mind-control, and projection runes. She changed the multitool to a wrench and set the Bludgeon, Mace and Clubs Ability to auto-mode. From inside, she logged into the Simulation Grounds with 3x time-dilation, entered a Dodging Box with Ice and Faith, and logged into Deriga's workshop. Here, she loaded a Treadmill Tunnel. At last, she accessed her bedroom.

Bone tired, Flora fell face-first into her bed.

"Wake me up in 5 hours or if anything interesting happens." She said to Aidan, her voice muffled from the pillow.

"What about the Animator Class, Milady?"

"Record it. We'll watch it after I've slept. If the teacher wants something, answer them for me." Flora turned to the side, got rid of her clothes, and snuggled into the blanket. "Ah, the good old times of napping in class. Having a bed is so much better than sleeping on a hard desk. May Professor whatshisname's PowerPoint presentations lull the angels to sleep in his afterlife."

Flora's dreams were filled with weapons, skills, and pastel-colored monsters. They flowed into each other and permutated in her head. Excited, she woke up on her own.