Chapter 9

Just so you know, if he tries to use small talk, I'll attack! Alex hissed.

Al, it won't be necessary because you won't be there when I talk to him, just to prevent a murder to happen...

Lee!

Deaky screamed from inside.

Come here!

Lee and Alex make their way inside where the backstage was improvised.

I'm happy you could make it! Come say hi!

Deaky guided them into a small room full of Freddie's shinny clothes and alcohol.

Guys, I have a surprise!

Finally, Veronica's parents let her come to one of our shows! "Not approved by God", please... Freddie jumped from his seat mocking Veronica's father.

No, actually... it's Lee and Alex!

The girls entered the room, laughing at Freddie's miss understood.

Oh... well, just as exciting honestly! Hi darlings!

Freddie hugged Lee and Alex collectively.

Roger's eyes landed on Lee and his heart skipped a beat. He hadn't seen her since that day at Hyde Park, he tried to come to her flat, but he didn't have the guts to confronting her face.

As the girls broke the hug with Freddie, Lee met Roger's gaze. It was like meeting him all over again. The ocean-like eyes were swallowing her, and she didn't know how to swim.

Well, is nice to see you girls again, but we have a show to perform, is that right gentlemen? Brian spoke after everyone realising the tension between Roger and Lee.

The lads started to make their way to the stage and Lee and Alex followed them, but Roger grabbed Lee's arm.

Can we talk?

After the show. I don't want to be the reason for your delay...

Lee got away from Roger's grip and went to the bar area where Alex was waiting for her.

Everything is going to be fine! Alex whispered at Lee's ear which responded with a soft smile.

The show went great, as always. The boys never failed to make a crowd exhilarated and they sounded more and more in sync every time Lee watched them.

A security came to Lee and Alex taking them backstage.

Congratulations boys! You did it one more time! You slayed them all! Alex yelled at the boys as she entered the room, obviously the shots she drank were already kicking in. As she passed Roger, she mouthed him. Not you.

Roger got up, ignoring intoxicated Alex, and went up to Lee.

Can I buy you a drink?

______________________________________________________________________

Uff, tense! Can you imagine what was like seeing Queen live in the 70s? I bloody wish...