Chapter 17

Look, can we have a chat about Lee? Roger approached the rest of the band as the last photo was taken.

No Roger, we don't think it's time for you to get her pregnant... Brian responded right away.

No fluff head! I've been thinking and...

Oh boy! Deaky joked, receiving a deathly stare from Roger.

As I was saying... You know that the label have been bothering us about hiring a manager, but since we don't have the standard money wage to pay one yet... I think we should hire Lee and pay her at least 3% of what we make in one concert! What do you think?

The boys looked at each other.

I don't know Roger...

C'mon Brian, look at her! The band looked at Lee talking to the photographer. Even though she didn't study for this, she has a natural talent! You've seen how she handled that dickhead producer yesterday! She got us two more weeks to finish the album! Not even Freddie convinced them to do that!

Freddie stood up from his chair.

Wow, wow, okay... I agree with you on Lee being our manager but hold your horses... I was getting my way with the producer...

Of course, Freddie... Roger sighed jokily.

I agree with you Roger, I think Lee should be our manager! She knows us and knows what is better for the band...

Thank you Deaky! Brian?

Brian stayed silent looking at everyone.

Yeah, I agree too! She really did a good job arranging our concerts schedule...

Great! Let's go tell her!

Queen and Lee were having lunch when Freddie offered her the job of manager.

What? You don't have to hire me! I was just helping you guys... Lee almost choked on her hamburger.

Yes, but we think you did an amazing job so, until we can hire a professional one, you can be our manager! Deaky explained.

Lee looked at the boys and they didn't look like they were joking.

You don't have to give an answer now, lovie! Roger said putting his hand on Lee's knee. Take your time and think about it!

She didn't know what to say, she was surprised by the offer.

Okay, I've thought about it... And I accept it!

Yes! The boys shouted in unison.

Calm down! But this is temporary until you find someone! And I don't wanna take any money!

No, Lee! Now that we can't accept! This is a tuff job! Have you seen who you are dealing with here... Brian said making Lee laugh.

Seriously! I don't want any money! Just... pay me making more awesome music and amazing shows!

Now that, we can make darling! Freddie spoked bringing his beer to air.

Now let's make a toast! To our new manager, Lee Santos!

They sheared.

You are going to be amazing babe! Roger whispered in Lee's ear making her smile.

_______________________________________________________

*heart eyes*