Chapter 73

Lee went back home later that week. For her surprise, Roger was waiting for her in the parking lot of the Heathrow Airport. He was laying against his White Mustang he recently bought.

Hello my love... He kissed her cheek. How was Paris?

Very French! She giggled. New car?

Yes! Do you like it? I bought it last weekend!

She nodded.

They got into the car and drove back home.

Is everything okay around here? Lee asked.

Yes! Been missing you like crazy though... He shown a smirk.

So, what happened in the beginning of this week? I called you a dozen times!

I'm so sorry... Must have been in the studio and I can't figure out that machine! He rested his hand underneath his shirt near his collarbone.

For three days in a row? Lee frowned her eyebrows.

Obviously not, maybe it was just a coincidence!

Yeah, maybe...

They got home and cuddle in the couch while watching TV.

In the morning, Lee woke up, still in the couch, with the smell of pancakes. It remembered her of her 22nd birthday when Roger baked her pancakes and burned half of them. It was such a long time ago, she was different, he was different, they lived in a small flat before all the Queen success and drama, and yet her feelings towards Roger were the same. Or even stronger.

They have lived through so much and their relationship still survived. Even 10 years apart, where almost half of them they didn't talk or see each other, they managed to put their feelings first.

Lee was by the door frame watching Roger in the stove. She felt young with him, like two dumbass teenagers still discovering life.

Good morning stalker... Roger cleaned his hands. Are you planning my death over there?

Both laughed. Lee walked towards him and hugged his torso.

Just thinking about how we survived together all these years...

Without killing each other? Roger giggled.

Well, yeah... She laughed along.

I see what you are saying... We were just kids when we fell in love!

Lee look up at him.

Take a seat m'lady! I have something to talk with you!

Oh no...

Keep calm! Roger placed a plate of pancakes on the table. Me and Freddie wrote a song and we are finishing the recording process, so we are thinking about the music video!

Hmm! Another video? Maybe Freddie should slow down a bit...

We tried to convince him, but he insist in doing them...

Well, go on!

Yeah, so Deaky thought of filming the video on a moving train while we all play our instruments!

That's fun... a bit dangerous but... fun!

We really like the idea! So, then Freddie said we should have a woman on the video too!

Elaborate! Lee finished the first pancake.

So, the song is called "Breakthru" with a u in the end—

Wow, modern...

Yes, and is about overcoming difficulties so, the woman figure would represent the force that make you want to surpass any difficulty!

I like that... Have you cast someone yet?

That's where you come along! Roger showed a big smile.

Roger, I— Lee was about to talk when Roger spoke again.

Don't say no just yet! The idea of having you on the music video was Brian's and we all agreed! It would be a great comeback and it would link us to the first years of the band when you were our manager! Please... He pouted.

You didn't let me finish! I was going to say that I really liked the idea and it would be a pleasure to be on your music video!

Roger cheered and embraced Lee and made her spin through the kitchen.

Roger I'm going to puke the pancakes!

________________________________________________________

hm