Chapter 37

Since she no longer worked with the band, Lee started having more time for her and to do things she liked. She started looking for a job, which was hard, she had lunch with Alex almost every day of the week in a restaurant near Alex's workplace and went sightseeing every time she got bored of being home.

Deaky! Lee shouted. Over here!

Deaky spotted her and waved with a big smile.

Lee! Jesus, I feel I haven't seen you in a life time!

You're right! You have been busy right now!

Yes! Queen II is coming out on March and the label is already talking about starting to record another one... It's been a chaos...

Well, but that's cool! It's a sign that people like you and want to hear more from Queen!

I know! But those boys... Both laughed knowing exactly what Deaky was about to say.

What about managers? Have you found someone?

Not yet, but just between you and me I think a famous manager is going to call us any minute...

Lee was intrigued.

Why do you say that?

Do you know who Elton John's manager is?

Yes, John Reid...

Exactly, I've spotted him in some of our shows, in a lot of them actually and I heard he asked a security who was our manager!

Really? That's amazing! He apparently have done an amazing job with Elton John!

I know! And when he discovers we no longer have a manager; he is definitely going to hire us!

-

By the way! I guess Roger haven't told you guys and I want to you to hear it from me, since you are my bestest friend...

Oh my god Lee... Are you pregnant?

What? God no! Listen! Last year, the director of Rock Life called me and said she wanted to interview me for the magazine!

What? That's amazing...

Yes! And... I've already done the interview and... It's going to come out this weekend!

Lee! That's so awesome! Why didn't I know this earlier? Deaky pretended he was mad.

Because she asked me to keep it a secret until it comes out!

I'm kidding Lee! I'm really happy for you, truly!

Thank you, John!

Wow has been ages since you called me that! He laughed along with Lee.

After a moment of silence, Deaky spoke.

I really enjoyed this afternoon! It's like we are back on college hanging out!

I miss those times! When our only preoccupation was to not fail our exams...

Yes! Even though I don't miss Mrs. Clare from Physics... Do you had her class?

Yes! Oh my god! That woman really hated everyone...

They spent the rest of the evening remembering college days.

Lee is that you? Roger asked as soon as she entered the flat.

Yes! Hi baby! She approached him and kissed him.

Sorry I'm a little late to dinner, I was with Deaky and we lost track of time...

Don't worry! I need to tell you something! Roger looked worried.

What?

Don't get mad... But I accidentally told Fred and Brian that you are going to be in a magazine...

Lee looked at Roger.

Don't be mad! I know you wanted to be you the one to tell them but... It escaped my mouth...

Don't worry Rog, I'm not mad!

Are you sure?

Yeah! I've told Deaky today too!

Oh okay... He scratched the back of his head.

Lee went to the kitchen to begin to prepare the dinner.

Other thing... Freddie insisted to throw you a party to celebrate...

What?

I told him it wasn't necessary, but you know Freddie... He is very persuasive!

I know... She thought for a minute. It's fine! I guess it's an occasion to celebrate indeed!

Oh I'm relieved!

________________________________________________

happy saturday!!!