Chapter 64

Roger spent the night at Lee's after he showed up drunk and sad. He remained the rest of the night telling her how much he missed her and how sorry he was for cheating on her. Lee decided to ignore everything he was saying because he was clearly intoxicated.

Good morning...? Roger said rubbing his eyes appearing on the kitchen.

Good morning blondie! How are you feeling? Lee responded finishing her coffee.

Better... But I'm a little embarrassed!

Roger Taylor is embarrassed? That's a new one... She joked.

Yeah well, I shouldn't showed up here last night... You were busy!

I was watching a film... That's all! And I needed to help a friend!

Roger changed the tone of his voice.

We're friends?

Of course... Lee looked at him realising what conversation was about to begin.

Even after all I've done to you?

Lee rearranged herself on her chair.

That was 10 years ago...

Yes, but... What I've done was unforgivable!

Roger! As I said, it's in the past... We both grew up! Things happen!

Roger bit his lip trying to think.

You know that the things I said last night were true!

Lee looked at him trying to remember.

I really miss you... He continued. I miss everything about you! The late nights on the couch cuddling... The rehearsals when you used to replace Freddie when he was late... The conversations... Our trips, just the two of us!

Lee got up from the chair and walked in direction of the window, stopping in front of it, admiring the view to London.

After a couple of minutes, she spoke.

You can't do this! She turned herself to him. You can't come to me after all these years and say those things...

I know Lee! Roger left his chair and got closer to her. But I need to take these things of my chest! I'm suffocating... I only breathe freely when I'm with you!

Roger hold her hand and look straight into her eyes.

Lee was staring back into his ocean-like eyes and was like she was 19 again. Getting lost on the blue eyes of the drummer of an amateur band. The images of the last 15 years passed through her mind like a movie. The good moments. The not-so-good moments. They have been more time separated then they were together, yet, their story was lived so intensively, those 5 years they were dating, felt like a live time.

And everything started with the eyes that were still looking at her. Roger's eye area had more wrinkles than before. He was 37, of course he got older. Lee wasn't the same she was when she was 19, either. Her smiling lines became more prominent. Blemishes started to appear on her neck. The Chanel makeup artists made their best to cover them, but they were there.

We are older now... You are a father... We need to settle down! We can't keep playing these games like we are still 20...

Only our bodies are old! Our spirit remains youthful... And I can't see myself without anyone but you!

Roger... She let go of his hand and left the kitchen. I've heard that line before!

Yes! But I mean it! He followed her. Becoming a father matured me!

Lee got away from him, but Roger still followed her until he grabbed her and pulled her against him. Very close.

Tell me you don't feel anything towards me, and I'll disappear! I will never talk about this issue ever again...

She could feel his hot breath against her face. That was the closest they were in years. Lee felt it. She felt everything and more towards Roger.

I-I... Lee tried to speak.

Roger got closer and closer until their noses touched. His hands get down her back stopping by her hips. Roger admired her aged face, smiled and pulled the move.

10 years. For 10 years, their lips didn't touch.

Lee got her hand on his blonde short hair, caressing it.

With his right hand on her face, Roger broke the kiss and sighted.

How fool was I?

_____________________________________________________________

10 years folks wow