Chapter 70

That night, Roger drove Lee to the hospital where she was admitted and the worse was confirmed. Lee had suffered a spontaneous abortion. The uterus just couldn't support the growth of the fetus and it broke loose from the walls and caused the abortion.

Lee was devastated. Adding to the loss of her first child, doctors warned her that, possibly, she couldn't get pregnant anymore.

She was at the hospital for a week, when Alexander visited her.

Knock knock! He said.

Who is it? Lee was laying on the bed with the TV on.

Alexander opened the door and appeared with a bouquet of flowers covering his face.

Guess!

Hmmm... George Michael!? Lee joked.

Close! Alexander said removing the bouquet. For you m'lady!

You're too sweet! She smelled the flowers.

How are you? He seated on a chair that was placed next to the bed.

Better... I don't feel pain anymore... At least physical!

I'm so sorry Lee! I know how happy and excited you and Roger were about this baby...

Lee sighted trying not to cry.

Can we talk about other things? I feel we don't talk for ages... She forced a smile.

Of course!

How's your job?

Great! I've been promoted...

Congratulations! Lee hugged him.

Thanks...

And that girl you took to my birthday party?

Oh, Enya? We broke up... She was jealous of Pearl...

What? I'm so sorry! Lee was trying not to laugh.

Go on, you can laugh...

-

Later that week, Lee was released from the hospital.

By the end of 1987, Lee was back on work doing photoshoots. She really needed to take her mind off of the last events.

Hi!! Lee said opening the front door of her flat.

Hey baby! Roger said from the kitchen.

What's that I smell? She went to the kitchen and hugged the man from behind.

Bolognese... Not very fancy I know!

I love it! Sorry I arrived so late, Catherine made me do some fittings for Prada and the clothes never ended... Lee said while walking to the living room and letting herself fall on the couch.

Roger laughed.

It's okay sweets... I'm just worried that you are not resting enough like doctor said you should! Roger followed her.

I'm fine! Nothing hurts anymore and I sleep good at night! Lee wrapped her arms around his neck. Thank you for the support Rog...

I do what I gotta do... He placed a small kiss on her lips.

-

So, how was your day? Lee asked while dining.

Extremely productive! Tomorrow we are going to film a music video for Cowboys and Indians! Speaking of it, I have something to ask you!

No Roger, I won't dress up as a sexy cowgirl for the picture...

What? He laughed. You won't? Anyways, that wasn't it! I want you to appear on the recording of Shove It! We are going to record it in Chelsea during a concert so you can be like the main girl or whatever...

Now that I can do! She kissed him.

Roger took the plates to the sink.

Are you sure you don't want to dress up as a sexy cowgirl? The advertisement would be amazing!

Fuck you Taylor... Roger laughed.

-

Roger was reading a book in bed while Lee was doing her night routine.

Have you been talking to the boys?

Oh yeah, everyday!

How are they? Lee climbed onto the bed.

Brian's having a lot of fun with Anita, looks like he found love again!

I'm happy for them! Even though he cheated on Chrissy, a woman that always supported him...

Yeah... Freddie is trying to settled down due to the virus...

How's Jim?

With Fred, he's been very supportive!

I'm glad! I talked to Deaky on the phone yesterday! He said he's been writing a lot for the next Queen album.

He better be! We are going to start recording in January...

Don't be mean, you baby!

-

The next day, Roger was entering the building that the recording of Cowboys and Indians was taking place. He greeted his band members and the rest of the crew.

Good morning Roger! The producer said. May you come with me to meet the girls!

Of course, Tom!

The producer guided Roger to the makeup chairs where three blonde girls were getting ready to shoot.

Good morning ladies! Roger, this is Sandra, Lucy and Deborah...

After Tom introduced the last girl, Roger stopped listening. The blonde girl named Deborah was tall and had a huge smile that made him smile along.

It's nice to meet you all... He said without taking his eyes off Deborah.

Roger greeted the other two girls and the last one pulled her hand out.

It's very nice to meet you Mr. Taylor! I'm a huge fan! Deborah said.

As well! Thank you... I'm a huge fan too! Shit... He thought.

Oh, you saw the cereal commercial... That's embarrassing! She blushed.

Ah, yes! One of my favourites...

Girls! Take your places! Producer called.

I have to go! See you in a bit! Deborah ran to set.

Fuck...

______________________________________________________

here comes trouble!