Chapter 53

Lee was in Athens for a week when she began to get bored. The only friend she had to have fun was Catherine, but she was very busy most of the days, so she decided to flew Alexander to Greece so they would have a little vacation together.

Alexander and Lee were having a dinner in the city centre when they spotted some paparazzi taking pictures.

Are we going to have paparazzi following us everywhere we go? Alexander asked sipping on his wine.

Lee looked behind her and turn herself back.

I think so... But do they bother you?

No, I mean... They are not here for me... They're for you!

Yeah, well... I don't really care... I will only be pissed if I look ugly in the photos that they publish! They laughed.

The couple of friends finished their meals and remained seated by the table.

Lee lightened a cigar and admired the view.

When we met, do you imagined us like this? In Athens, having the time of our life's?

To be honest, no! I always imagined us at Rosie's!

Well but we are much better now! You have the job you always dreamed, a flat in London, we can travel whenever we want... Lee looked in the direction of the paparazzi and rearranged herself on the chair. Alexander noticed and was confused.

Lee, are you posing for the paparazzi?

What? Of course not! Why? Are they shooting?

Oh my god, Lee! You really are posing! Why are you doing that?

I'm not posing... I'm just making sure they get my good side!

Jesus! But why?

I don't want to appear ugly on the papers! You know they always chose the ugly photo to post...

Lee, you never thought like that!

Yes, because then nobody cared for me! Now I'm in almost every billboard and on the ads...

Alexander considered for a second.

I can't believe it...

What?

You are putting an ol-show so Roger can see that you are doing amazing!

What? She laughed. That's so wrong! I haven't thought about that rat in ages... She lied.

Lee, you never smoked... You were the one telling me you would never smoke and that you weren't interested in trying it, now, ever since I arrived, you have smoked 3 packages, I'm here for a week! You always preferred home-made food, that's why you liked Rosie's so much... Now you just want to eat in expensive restaurants and in the terrace! You used to run from the paparazzi not wanting to have anything to do with them, and now you are posing for them! Ever since you and Roger broke up, you changed! I don't know if it is because of him or not... But this isn't the Lee I always cared for!

And what if I changed? And what if I always was like this and the "old me" was the show? Yes, I said I would never smoke and yes, I smoke now! Call me hypocrite! I don't care! And you know what! You're right! I wanna show Roger that I'm good without him, more than good! I'm amazing! I'm making my bank without his help! I wanna show him what he is missing...