Chapter 34

"Dear Maddie,

I'm sorry for not writing in such a long time... It's been crazy here!

I lost myself a little because of all the work I have had with Queen... I started even questioning my relationship with Roger... But I'm all good now!

I decided to step out of being their manager so I can focus on my career finally! It was a mutual agreement between me and the boys, so everything is cool!

In other news, today I'm making an interview for a magazine! Yes, you read it right! An interview! A lady called me and offered it because of all my successful work with Queen! I'm having a photoshoot and all! I'm so excited...

I don't know if you have the magazine in France, but it's called Rock Life, and if you don't find it, I'll mail you one!

I wanna know everything about you and Luc!

Don't be a stranger (like me)

Kisses,

Lee x"

Lee, are you ready? Lee heard Roger.

It was February 1974. The interview that Lee so anticipated was today indeed, Roger was driving her to the studio and staying there to support her.

Since the beginning of the new year, the time flew. They have been to Australia to perform and Lee didn't even care for the 14 hours flight back home. She just wanted to be back so she could restart her life.

They got to the studio in London and asked for Tessa Roslyn.

Lee! Hi!

Hi Tessa! This is Roger! I hope you don't mind him staying...

Not at all! When I asked you for you to keep a secret it wasn't confidential! Follow me!

Tessa guided them to a little room.

Here is the makeup and wardrobe. You can sit and relax while Ashley here do your makeup! Roger, you can stay here too!

So, the photoshoot will be first and we will be taking some, let's say, artistic photos! We will experiment with the makeup and the clothes and in the end, you can decide which photos you want to appear on the magazine! This will take an hour, an hour and a half! Afterwards, I'll come down to take you to my office where the interview will take place! For that, I'd like to be just you and me... she looked at Roger.

Got it miss, I'll disappear!

Thank you! So... That's all! I'll see you soon!

Tessa disappeared through the door.

That's a businesswoman right there! Roger spoke.

Lee nod in agreement.

Ashley, the makeup artist, finished the makeup in less than 15 minutes. They prefer to start with light makeup and adding throughout the photoshoot.

An hour passed and the photographer handed a crown to Lee.

You are doing amazing darling! For this last shot I'm asking you to put this crown on and I'll be taking some close shots! Since your managing a band called Queen, I figured the crown would be appropriate!

Okay! Sounds fun!

Wonderful!

The photographer took place and zoomed on Lee's face.

Now, dear! Put your hands on your face, touching it softly! She did it. Perfect!

The camera started to shot and Lee moved her hands along her face keeping a poker face. Roger was amazed by her. Throughout the photoshoot, Lee demonstrated a willingness before the camera. He was by a table were the film with Lee's photos were and admired them.

Okay! That was perfect! Have you modelled before?

Never sir!

Don't call me sir... That's hard to believe, because looks like you were made to be in front of a camera!

Oh no! I could never...

He is right Lee! Roger said approaching her. I was looking at your photos and your willingness before the camera and... It was amazing!

Thank you... Lee's cheeks turn red.

Alright darling! Tessa will be here in a minute! It was a pleasure to work with you and I hope to see you more often... He winked at her.

______________________________________________

i'm very excited for this "era" for Lee!!