Chapter 56

Lee and Dyrk greeted each other not really evolving any conversation. They signed the papers and the real estate agent left them alone so Dyrk could see the house in more detail.

After a couple of minutes in a awkward silent, Lee finally spoke.

What are you doing here?

Seeing the house... He giggled.

No! I mean in London!

Oh! Well my firm just opened a branch here and they located me to come work here...

Is that the truth? Lee looked into his structural face.

Dyrk returned her gaze and smiled.

Why are you smiling...

Well, my firm really opened a branch here but... I came here to look for you and then they offered me to work here so I accepted!

How long have you been in London?

I came right after you left Berlin!

That was almost 9 months ago!

I know! The time flew... I didn't find you when I got here but I didn't know where to look too so... I realised I didn't thought my plan through! He scratched the back of his head. It was a nervous gesture. Roger used to do it too.

But you stayed...

Yes! Then I got offered the job so I figured that would be a good reason to stay and look further for you!

Lee turned around and started pacing along the living room.

Lee, stop! You're making me motion-sick! He laughed.

You moved all your life to London because of me? Lee said out of the blue.

Yes...

Why? I mean, I left you hanging and never called or mailed you...

Well, I figured you would be busy and I really enjoyed being with you!

What do you mean? She was really confused.

You are an amazing person! You make everyone laugh with your dad-jokes and are really down to earth and you can have a mature conversation and be a dork the second after! You are the kind of person I want in my life! You make everything better...

Lee was dumbfounded. She didn't know what to say.

After their encounter that day, Lee and Dyrk started to see each other on the regular basis, when on her birthday on 1978, he asked her to be his girlfriend.

___________________________________________________

#cantrelate