Chapter 36

Tessa started asking about Lee's background. Where she was from, how she got to London, what she studied and how she met Roger. Then, she moved on to how she became Queen's manager and how she arranged everything for their first tour almost by herself.

Of course, being a journalist, Tessa asked Lee how she felt when the media harass her by following her, calling her names and not being taken seriously.

It was really difficult in the beginning and to be honest, it was only a few months ago that I was able to start ignoring the comments of paparazzi and people in general. I was really tired of people just calling me a groupie and not recognising my hard work... Yes, I was dating Roger prior of becoming their manager, but once I took on their offer, I took it seriously, it was my job!

But now with all the success that Queen is having you are being taken more seriously, as you said! Don't you think?

Yes... After my hard work showed good things!

Lee stopped, thinking about what she was saying next.

At first, I accepted this job as a favour, as I said before! I wasn't and still am not a professional manager... I was just helping my friends with their dream! But now I feel it's time to let a professional handle them...

Tessa looked straightly at Lee.

Are you saying you are leaving the management of Queen?

Yes, I am... A few months ago, me and the band decided it was time to them hire someone that knew at they were doing, since they were getting so much success! So, I can say, I am no longer Queen's manager!

But everything's okay between you, right?

Oh yes! It was a mutual decision!

After that, Tessa and Lee talked about what the girl was thinking about doing next since she was stepping out. In 30 minutes, the interview was over, and Lee felt that a weight was lifted from her shoulders.

Tessa accompanied Lee to the street were Roger was waiting for her.

How did it go? He asked.

Amazing! Lee really is an amazing person and a professional! Take care of her Roger!

I will Miss! By the way, when is the magazine coming out?

Maybe in a month! But I will call you when it comes out!

Thank you, Tessa! This was an experience of a lifetime!

You don't need to thank me Lee! And I'm pretty sure this will not be a onetime thing! Take care you two!

Tessa went inside the building.

______________________________________________________________

The end of an era for Lee, and the beggining of another one!