Chapter 45

After that night, many night-outs with Alexander followed, he was pretty much the only friend she had close to her, since Roger and the boys were getting busier with the concert at Hyde park being that weekend and all her female friends were aboard or working.

Good morning blondie! Lee said as soon as Roger opened his eyes.

Good morning! They kissed. I thought I would wake up without you here...

Yeah well, I couldn't sleep through your big day! Roger didn't seem content with that answer. Why?

Nothing! He sighted. I thought that you would pull another all-nighter in pubs with Alexander...

Oh, so that's why...

What? Roger pretended.

You're jealous of Alexander!

No, I'm not... He crossed his arms pouting.

Yes, you are! But you don't need to be! You know I'll always be faithful with you... She rested her hand on his arm.

Roger gave up and looked at her.

I know dear... and sorry... I've been stressful...

Yeah babe but trust me! Like I trust you...

They hugged but Roger remained quiet after her last sentence, like he was hiding something.

Later that night, the boys were making the last arrangements at sound check while Lee, Veronica, Chrissy and Mary, Freddie's new girlfriend, were backstage with the rest of the staff.

It's really nice to see you again Lee! You look very healthy again! Chrissy said to Lee.

Thank you! I went through dark times after my parents died...

How are you feeling now? Mary questioned.

A lot better! Sometimes I get sad when I remember my mum and dad... but I guess that's normal!

Yes, it is darling! You really scared us when you shut down and stopped eating! Roger and Deaky were really worried... All of us were!

I know! And I'm so sorry for putting you through that... I'm really thankful for you!

They shared a group hug.

Hi ladies! A female voice said, causing the girls to turn around. I'm Dominique! Richard's assistant! And I just wanted you to know that the boys are almost finished and would be right back! Oh, there they are!

The four boys appeared backstage and went in their direction. Roger noticed something and fastened his pace.

Hi...! I don't know if you met Dominique! He said nervous.

Yeah! I mean kinda... she just got here! Lee turned to the woman at pull her hand out. Hi, I'm Leslie, but everyone calls me Lee! I'm Roger's girlfriend!

Dominique shook Lee's hand taking a suspicious glance at Roger.

Nice to meet you Lee! Dominique pulled away from Lee's hand and excuse herself leaving to the buffet area.

-

Well girls! It's show time! Brian shouted hours later. Steve will guide you to the family area while we prepare!

The girls kissed their respective boyfriends and left, except Lee because Roger was not there.

I'll go find Rog!

Deaky nodded his head.

Lee went through backstage looking for the drummer when she got to the dressing rooms. She noticed Roger's name on one door that was semi-closed. Lee was about to opened it when she heard voices inside, she stopped and decided to peak through the space the door left open.

She spotted Roger talking to Dominique and he looked worried and upset, like he was apologising. She couldn't hear clearly what the voices were saying because they were far away from the door. Then, Roger reached for Dominique's hand touching it softly. Lee gasped loudly parting away from the door.

She heard footsteps walking towards the door so she ran to hide.

Lee got back to the entrance of the stage where the boys were waiting for Roger.

Where's blondie? Freddie asked when he saw Lee.

Hmm... I couldn't find him! Lee said pushing away her thoughts.

After a couple of minutes, Roger appeared walking fast.

Sorry, lads! I had to make a quick trip to the loo! Hi baby! Roger went up to Lee and kissed her. See you in two hours!

Bye! Good luck darlings! Lee waved, heading to the family area.

Liar...

_____________________________________________________

ufffffff