Chapter 80

January 1991

The day of the wedding had arrived. Lee was nervous of course but the fact that she was marrying her best friend relaxed her.

Lee and Alexander planned a small ceremony. Only a few of Lee's aunts were there along with Alexander's parents and close ones. Alex and Brandon were there with their newborn Flynn, Maddie, Luc and Adelaine were too.

Of course, Deaky and Veronica were there, they were the godparents to Lee. From the band, Lee only invited Freddie and Jim. Brian and Anita were abroad and couldn't attend and she didn't even invited Roger.

-

Alexander had his palms sweating from the nervousness he had. Lee was late 10 minutes and he started to think maybe she ran away.

After a while, Freddie started playing the wedding symphony in the church's organ. Alexander looked to the chapel's door and there she was. Lee was wearing a off-the-shoulder dress with embroiderings all over it. Deaky was walking her down the ail.

-

You may now say your vows! The priest announced.

Lee, I fell in love with you the first time we met. I thought you were the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life! I still think that, 19 years later! I've waited all this time for this moment, and I would wait another 19 years if it was necessary! But now that you're mine, I don't plan on letting you go! I want to grow old with you and watch our children become someone! Alexander took Lee's hands closer to his heart. I love you forever!

I love you too... Lee mouthed in awe.

If anyone has anything in objection with this couple's matrimony, you may speak now, or stay forever quiet! The priest rose his voice.

I know someone who may have some things in objection... Freddie whispered to Jim that giggled.

In that case... the priest proceeded. You may now kiss the bride.

-

Ah, this baby is killing me... Debbie said trying to find a comfortable position in the couch. Roger?

Roger had been starring into the distance for some time now.

I know what you're thinking... Debbie placed her hand on Roger's knee.

What? Sorry babe, I wasn't paying attention!

I noticed...

I'm sorry... Roger landed his hand on hers.

I know you're upset because Lee didn't invite you to her wedding...

What? No... I haven't thought of her in a long time!

Roger, you can tell me! It's fine!

___________________________________________

i hope everyone is safe and healthy! please stay home!!