Chapter 31

After Roger's party ended, he and Lee drove home contrary of what Freddie wanted. The trip was quite long and silent. Lee was a little embarrassed of what she accused Roger of. He was also very quiet. Lee glanced at him for a while, admiring his perfect side profile. He was expressionless, focused on the road.

Are you mad at me? Lee finally spoke.

What? Of course not! Roger responded breaking out of his trance. Why would I be?

Because I accused you of cheating again and didn't tell you I wanted to step out of manager...

Baby... Lee's heart melted every time he call her that. It's normal that you wanna step out... You've been in these 2 years without having any experience... And about the cheating... I don't blame you! I just want for you to have more trust in me! Roger caressed Lee's knee.

Yes, I will have!

Roger and Lee got home really late; the first hints of sun were already invading the house when they entered. Roger dropped himself on the sofa and Lee let herself fall on top of him. They stayed like that for couple of minutes, Lee's head was directly on Roger's heart so she could hear it perfectly. It was fast yet it transmitted a calm feeling.

Lee looked up at Roger admiring his relaxed face. An angel. His fair skin combined with his blonde hair really made him look like an angel. Lee kissed him softly on the lips catching Roger off guard, almost scaring him. He got involved in the kiss and quickly transformed it into a make out session.

They stay the rest of the day on that sofa, cuddling, sleeping and having sex. Looked like they were alone in the world, just the two of them.

In the following day, Roger had to go meet the boys on the studio and later on the afternoon he called home asking for Lee to go there.

Lee entered the studio where Roger and the rest of the boys as well as some producers were by the mixing table.

Lee you made it! Deaky got up giving her his seat.

Yeah, I heard you boys needed me!

Darlings, can we have a 5 minute break? Freddie talked directly to the producers that leaved almost instantly.

My dear, blondie here told us you are unhappy with working with us... Freddie started.

Yes, but I was not talking about you, I—

We know Lee! This job is really difficult for someone not experienced in it! We don't blame you! Brian reassured her.

We agreed on letting you go... Your work has been amazing, and we are really grateful for all the effort you put into it! Deaky smiled at Lee.

Yes darling! However... We wanted to ask you for you to stay until the end of the tour! Since you already have everything arranged with your view, it would be unfair throwing your work away just because we got another manager... Will you do that? Will you put up with our bullshit 3 more months?

Freddie joked.

Lee looked around to the faces of the band.

Of course! I'll stay 3 more months!

September 1973

In a week, Queen first UK tour would be starting. Lee was less stressful since the boys decided to let her go, and maybe because everything was ready to start this tour, so she just needed to show up and be sure everything was packed.

One afternoon, Lee was home alone when she received a phone call.

Hello!

Hi, is this the phone of Leslie Santos?

It is! The same speaking!

Wonderful! Hello Mrs. Santos! I'm Tessa Roslyn, executive director of Rock Life! How are you today?

I'm good thank you, and you?

Very good! I'm calling you because me and my team are interested in making an article about you!

Excuse me?

Yes! We are very impressed with your work as manager of the band Queen and very excited for the upcoming tour, so we wanted to interview her so we can show Queen fans how a normal person became such a good manager without having experience!

Really!? Thank you...

You don't need to thank me Mrs. Santos! If you accept doing this interview, that would be accompanied by a photoshoot, we—

A photoshoot? Sorry, but I'm not a model...

You don't need to be one! We are just gonna take some photos to come along with the article so people can see who you really are!

Okay...

So, as I was saying... if you accept this, we wanted to do it on the end of the tour, by then you would be less stressful, and we would have even more to talk about! Do you agree?

Yes... Yes, after the tour would be perfect!

So? Do you accept doing this interview for Rock Life?

Lee considered for a second.

Yes, I accept!

___________________________________________________________

would this be a start of something new??? hmmmmm