Chapter 98

August 1994

It was Ana's birthday and Lee decided to throw a big party for her little girl and invite some of her new friends and some outside friends.

Lee put her heart and soul on that party. A huge banner across the entrance of the backyard said, "Happy 1st Birthday Ana!", an enormous inflatable castle, a hired clown, and tons of food. Ana's birthday cake was a big flat chocolate brownie with a photo of her on it.

-

Roger was putting the last present on his car when Debbie got out of the house with difficulty since she was 7 months pregnant.

Did you had to buy some many presents, Roger?

It's her first birthday Debbie... She deserves them! Roger helped Debbie getting on the car and then he entered it too.

Are you sure it's just that?

What do you mean?

Aren't you trying to hide the fact that you are her dad?! Debbie deviated her gaze to her pregnant tummy.

Roger was surprised. He knew that the guys were suspicious about that, but he wasn't expecting that Debbie thought it too.

No! What kind of question is that?

Roger, I've read the papers! I've seen photos of the child!

And? He tried to played it cool.

And? The girl is the female you!

I don't think so, but even if she looked like me, that doesn't mean anything!

I know you and Lee were together in Austria two years ago...

Yeah! Together as in, we hang out after a concert and then we went our separate ways!

Are you sure about that?

Of course, I am Deborah. He was not.

-

Oh wow, that's a huge pile of presents...! Lee said seeing all the presents Roger got Ana.

Yeah, I mean, I figured "it's her first birthday" and I was indecisive of what to get her, so I just got all of them! He scratched the back of his head and giggled.

Lee showed him a small smile and went helping Ana unwrapping her presents.

Mate, what are you doing!?

What? Roger turned around.

I'm supposed to be the godfather... Deaky said. I'm supposed to be the one spoiling her with gifts not you! You're making me look bad!

Roger and his old friend laughed.

Okay, Ana what did you wanted to tell Roger? Ana was between Lee's legs trying to hide herself.

Roger got to her level and extended his hand for her to grab. The little girl grabbed it.

Thank you for the pesents, uncle Rogie! She said stumbling over the words.

The drummer moved a piece of her fine blonde hair off her baby blue eyes and bopped her nose.

You're welcome bean!

Lee, seeing that bonding scene, had the urge to pick up the girl and go away. But she couldn't.