Chapter 92

February 1993

Lee, Alexander and a dozen of workers were finishing the pear harvest of that year, the couple couldn't complain. It was a pretty good year in terms of pears. But Lee needed to stop multiples times through it with either tiredness, back pain or sickness.

Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital? Alexander said bringing her a glass of water with sugar.

Yes, I'm fine! She drank form the glass and when she got up her al-face turned white, her ears closed and her vision white and then black.

-

Mrs. Elvis? Mrs. Elvis? Can you hear me?

Yes... She mumbled.

Fantastic! Would you hold my hand so I can help you sit, and we can have a talk?

Lee grabbed the woman's hand and sit. Her vision started to clear up and she noticed she was at the hospital.

Are you aware of your surroundings, miss Elvis? The nurse said without taking her eyes of the paper sheet.

Yes, I'm at the hospital... What happened? Lee looked around looking for Alexander.

You had a moment of weakness due to the heat exposer and that resulted in you fainting...

Oh my god, Lee! Are you okay? You scared me so much!! Alexander entered running into the room and hugged Lee right away.

Your wife is recovering very well as the baby! The nurse said putting away the medical sheet and preparing to leave.

Lee and Alexander stopped and looked dumbfounded to the middle age nurse.

Th-the... what? Lee stuttered.

The baby! The nurse looked surprised to the couple. You didn't know?

No... Lee said without reaction.

Oh my... I'm going to get you an appointment right away!!

-

Glasgow, February 3, 1993

Hello diary,

I haven't been able to write much, I've had a busy week... Summing up, I'm going to be a mother! To a baby girl! I can't believe it... I've wanted this for so long and now I found it this way... I can't believe!

I can't wait to phone Alex and Maddie! Oh, and to tell John, he is going to be so happy! I want him to be her godfather, I haven't talked to Alexander but I'm sure he will be fine with it! I wish I could tell my mum and dad that easily...

The doctor was really nice and sweet and told us to not feel bad about ourselves for not knowing about the pregnancy even though it has been 4 months! She said it was normal that I still had my period, "sometimes that happens" she said! I just know this baby is going to be special...

Oh, how Alexander was happy, and that made me happy too!

______________________________________________________

YEY a baby!!!!