Chapter 68

Maddie was visiting Roger and Lee for Lee's 36th birthday. Luc and she had been parents for the first time a couple of weeks ago to a baby girl named Adelaine and Lee was going to be her godmother.

On the morning of her birthday, Lee realised her period was late almost a month. She had been so busy with all the photoshoots and the paperwork about leaving Chanel, she didn't even realised.

Lee asked Maddie to buy her a pregnancy test so that Roger wouldn't suspect anything from her.

By 11am, Maddie arrived with the test and went inside the bathroom with Lee.

Okay, now we wait... I'm so nervous! Lee said while still seated on the toilet.

You don't need to be!

Of course, I need...

Do you want a baby right now?

Lee got up from the toiled and paced around the small bathroom.

Yes... No... I don't know!

Okay, it's fine! Maddie hold her in her arms. It's okay not knowing! If it is positive, and you and Roger don't want it, abort! If it is negative, it's just a warning for you guys to start wearing protection! Maddie's doctor side jumped out.

You're right! Lee looked down at her watch. It's time.

Maddie putted her hands in a praying position.

Lee grabbed the small stick and looked at the symbol that was showing. She rose her hand to her mouth.

What is it? Maddie peaked through Lee's shoulder. She gasped. Lee! You're pregnant!

Lee remained silent absorbing the information.

Oh my god... She finally said. I have a human growing inside of me!

Yes! Yes, you have! Maddie was tearing up. Are you going to tell Roger now?

I-I think so...

Maddie laughed and hugged her friend.

I don't know what is going to be your decision, but I just want to let you know that I just want you to be happy!

Thank you, Maddie!

The friends left the bathroom after a long time in there. Lee hid the stick on a pocket her dress had.

Finally! I thought you had fell inside the toilet! Luc said. His English had a heavy French pronunciation.

Luc, can you come help me change Addy? Maddie dragged her husband out of the room, winking at Lee.

Is everything okay? Roger asked while Lee seated beside him.

I have something to tell you...

Roger got closer.

I'm pregnant... Lee said taking out the stick and handing it to him.

Roger pupils dilated looking at the stick. He remained silent.

Roger? She tried to look into his eyes. Are you mad?

Mad? Why would I be mad? He redirect his gaze to Lee.

Because we just got together, and it might seem like I'm holding on to you...

Silly! Roger showed a wide smile. I'm super happy! And it takes two to make a baby... So maybe I'm holding on to you!

Both laughed.

Having a child with you is a dream came true... Roger said.

So, you want to keep it?

Of course I want to keep it!... Don't you? He looked concerned.

No! Yes, of course I want!

Both hugged.

I can't wait to tell Felix and Rory they are going to have a brother or sister!

Roger kissed her.

____________________________________________________

yey a baby!