Chapter 35

Tessa arrived soon after the photographer left.

Hello dear! How did the photoshoot go?

Marvellous! Roger answered. When you see the photos, you will see that my girlfriend here has a gift!

Wonderful! The photos are being printed at this moment! Can I ask you both for a tea while the photos aren't ready?

Of course! Lee responded excited.

Tessa and the couple went up a couple of stairs in order to get to the director's office. When they got there, Tessa asked for black tea to her assistant. Roger and Lee seated themselves on the small sofa in front to her desk. The ginger assistant entered the room after knocking and placed the tray on the small centre table.

Mrs. Roslyn, the photos are ready! Do you want me to go get them?

Yes Alice! And bring them to me so Lee and Roger can choose them!

Be right back Mrs.!

Alice left the room in a fast pace going down the staircase. Tessa served the tea when Roger spoke.

So... I'm going to choose the photos too?

Well, yeah... If you want and if Lee wants of course!

Yes! I'd like to have your opinion Rog!

Of course, then!

Roger rearranged himself on the sofa sipping on his tea.

A soft knock echoed on the room.

Mrs. Roslyn, here are the photos! Do you need anything else?

Thank you! No Alice you can go darling!

Alice left the room leaving the three alone. Tessa sipped on her tea and set down the cup, grabbing the envelope where the photos were, right after.

Well, let's see how wonderful Lee is!

She took out the photos from the package and place them on the table showing them to the couple. Roger's face radiated happiness looking at his girlfriend's photos. Lee felt a little embarrassed yet happy.

Wow looks like Roger was right! You really have a gift in front of the camera!

Thank you... Lee answered quietly.

Now, please chose the photos you like the most to appear on the magazine, after you made that selection, you may choose what picture you want to be on the cover!

Well, I know what photo should be on the cover! This one! Roger pointed to the photo where Lee had the crown on her head. I think it makes perfect sense! And I really like this close shot... Makes her eyes pop!

I totally agree! Lee? What do you think?

Lee considered the photo. She found the shot really beautiful, but she was anxious.

Don't you think it is a little selfish? Don't get me wrong, I really like the photo... It's probably one of my favourites but... No one knows me, isn't it a little strange an unknown woman appear in such a big magazine with a really close shot of her face? Exposed to everyone?

Tessa, that was seated across from the couple, got closer to Lee.

Darling... I understand your doubts, but you aren't unknown to anybody... You are managing one of the most promising rock bands of our time! People already know you! But if someone is leaving under a rock and doesn't know you, it's why this interview is happening! To show who you really are and the amazing work you're doing! And encourage other woman to fight for what they want, even if it's something that normally it's a man's job!

Lee completely understood Tessa's point, and she made her mind up.

You're right! I want this photo to be the front page!

Yes! Roger shouted. Sorry...

Alright, we have space for 5, 6 photos to accompany the interview! Choose them!

The girl examined the table full of photos with her face. After a few minutes, she spoke.

This row here, and both of these! She pointed.

Very good choice!

Tessa grabbed the photos Lee chose and putted them on top of her desk.

Now... I'm going to have to ask you, Roger, to leave me with your girlfriend for the interview!

Alrighty! I'll be in the car lovie! He kissed Lee.

Roger! Tessa stopped him. You can take the rest of the photos as a souvenir!

He smiled and grabbed the photos, glanced at Lee and smiled with his teeth showing making a thumbs up and left.

Tessa grabbed a few things from her desk and seated across Lee.

Alright, let's begin!

_________________________________________________________

*screams*