Chapter 72

Lee had been in Paris for a week and she was missing Roger like crazy. Things got slower with the photoshoots and fittings so she would be stuck in France for another week.

Have Roger answered? Catherine asked.

He has not... Maybe he is practising or something, I just needed to tell him I'm going to stay more days...

He must be busy! And so are you young lady! She sat down.

I'm not a young lady!

Lee and Catherine have known each other for a few years now and even though they were partners in work, they became friends. Lee have helped Cat in issues of her life and Cat helped Lee.

How are you holding up? Catherine asked before getting to work again.

About what?

About what? You've just lost a baby, you are parting away with a brand you've worked for years and you're working like a maniac... Have you been resting?

I'm fine! Of course, losing my baby was really... hard... but I can't just stop!

Have you been talking to your family?

Every now and then, yeah... Lee scratched the back of her head. A mannerism she got from Roger.

Lee, you're lying...

Okay! She held her hands up in surrender. I talked to my aunts on Christmas though!

Catherine sighted.

Give your cousins a call when we get back but now, I have some work for you!

I thought I had the weekend off... Lee pouted.

Don't be a child! I have arranged you an interview!

Interview? Who wants to do that?

Literally Interview! Louisa Hall is coming around tomorrow to do that, is going to involve a small photoshoot but they want like a relaxed one like candid pictures and stuff!

That sounds fun...

-

The next day, Louisa Hall showed up in Lee's hotel room really early and they started the interview right away.

After the usual "How you've been?" question, Louisa asked about Lee's next moves on the modelling industry since she left Chanel. After that, she asked about her personal life.

Now Lee, there is a question that is inevitable... Gossip magazines are full of paparazzi shots of you and the drummer of Queen, Roger Taylor, are you guys together?

Lee reflexed and then smiled.

Yes, yes, we are!

Congratulations!

Thank you!

I must say, you and Roger are my favourite 70s couple right after Sonny and Cher!

Oh wow! She blushed. That's a bold statement... Lee said between laughs.

It's true! How are the things now? 10 years and 2 kids later?

The same! But with more wrinkles and white hairs maybe! She giggled.

Do you and Roger's kids get along?

Oh yes! I love them! They are so sweet...

Have thought of being a mother yourself?

Lee paused. Redirected her gaze to Catherine trying to think of what to say. Should I say it?

No... I mean yeah of course I have imagined myself with children, but I guess I'm not really ready to bring a human being to Earth!

Meanwhile, in London, Roger had spent the second day in a row at Debbie's flat. He hadn't been in home at all. He leaves the studio and comes right to Debbie's house.

You must be tired of having an old man crashing in your sofa! Roger joked while Debbie seated next to him with some popcorn.

You are not that old and no, I'm not! You can crash here whenever you want! But... Your girlfriend don't mind?

She's off town!

I see...

During the movie, Debbie fell asleep in Roger's shoulder.

He admired her soft features and serene look on her face. Roger caressed her blonde hair making her wake up.

Were you watching me sleep?

Yeah...

Debbie laughed putting her hair behind her ear.

You are so beautiful... Roger said.

Thank you... She blushed.

Roger brought his hand to Debbie's cheek.

Can I kiss you? He said almost whispering.

Yes...

Roger smiled and bit his lip while looking at hers. He got closer slowly until they lips locked.

In Paris, after Lee said her goodbyes to Louisa Hall and closed the door of her room, she felt her stomach turning.

Is everything okay? Catherine asked noticing Lee's sudden paleness.

Something wrong back home...

___________________________________________

mamma mia, here we go again