Chapter 54

Lee returned to London by June of 1977. She was gone for half a year and the city seemed completely different to her.

She reunited with Deaky and Veronica for a dinner at their house. Deaky told Lee everything that happened while she was gone. The photos in the papers and the fight between him and Roger.

Roger did what?

It's okay Lee...

No, it's not John! He is unbelievable... Now I'm the one that cheated? I thought we ended everything on good terms! Why is he acting like this?

I don't know... He is a puzzle!

Maybe you are not that indifferent to him.. Veronica said while feeding Robert.

What do you mean? Lee asked.

Veronica put down the little plate with food and whipped the baby's face. After that, she turned to the two friends.

Maybe he reacted like that because he didn't like to see you with other men!

Well, that's his problem! Did he thought I was going to stay home and cry for him? Lee rolled her eyes.

What if he did! The girl turned to Veronica with a confused gaze. Lee, it's not that hard to believe! You guys dated for 5 years... Yes, he was the one that cheated, but that kind of men always thinks that the woman he is cheating on is going to stay with them no matter what! Like you are his property... So, perhaps he thought you would never be able to go forward with your life! Being there for him forever...

If that's the case, he better open an umbrella because is about to fucking rain!

Lee! Language! Deaky interrupted her.

Sorry! I'm sorry little Robert! She said squeezing his tiny hand.

After the dinner, Veronica took Robert upstairs in order for him to sleep. At 10pm, the mother came down.

He finally fell asleep! He was so excited to see you!

Lee laughed.

I missed him very much! His little chubby cheeks... I hope he liked my presents!

Oh, he did! Deaky said pointing to the mountain of boxes of toys Lee bought to Robert. Our next child will not need toys for his first years...

Next child? Lee confronted Deaky.

Oh shit... He face-palmed. Veronica laughed and seated herself in the arm of the armchair Deaky was.

Yes Lee, we have news! Veronica caressed her tummy. Baby number two it's coming!

What? Oh my god! Lee stood up from the couch and ran to hug the couple. I can't believe it!

Yeah, me neither! Deaky joked.

Lee teared up a little.

I'm so happy for you! Little Robert is going to have a brother or a sister! Someone to play with!

When you become mother, our children can play all together! Veronica said enthusiastically.

Of course! But first I have to find the perfect father like you found John Deacon!

C'mon! Deaky blushed.

________________________________________________________________

baby #2 ahhhhhhhhhhhhh