Chapter 12

Alex, where is my pink silky blouse? Lee was desperate trying to find something to wear tonight.

Uhhh, who you trying to make jealous?

Lee stood up fast.

No one...

Alex noticed a flyer on Lee's desk and grabbed it.

It's Roger isn't it. The girl held the flyer to Lee's face.

Of course not! Lee took the flyer from Alex's hands and throw it in the trash. I'm going because of Deaky and Veronica. And there is a party afterwards and I wanna look good so, where's my blouse?

Lie to me, I beg you. Alex mocked Lee. It's in your drawer, like always.

Lee put the blouse on and looked on the mirror.

So, what do you think?

You look great! Someone is going to have their mouth dropped...

Lee slapped Alex's arm but was hoping that that would be the effect.

The girl drove to the bar. The boys stepped up their game and now were playing at night clubs and bars, leaving colleges behind.

She entered the bar and it was packed. A girl grabbed Lee's hand.

Lee! It's Veronica!

Oh my god! Veronica! You made it!

Yeah! The happiness in her face was very noticeable. Thanks to you! John told me that you went with him talk to my dad! You're the best!

Veronica hugged her very tightly. Come with me!

Veronica guided her through the crowd to backstage.

Hey boys, look who's here!

As Lee entered the room, Roger got up from his chair and looked at her. He couldn't believe his eyes; he hasn't seen her in 3 months, and she looked amazing.

Deaky realised Roger getting up and got closer to him. You're welcome. He whispered.

-

Lee was talking to Brian when she noticed Roger walking towards them.

I'm get going... Chrissy must be arriving any minute. Brian forgave himself and left, leaving room for Roger to occupy.

Lee... You look very beautiful! Roger had his hands sweating like crazy. Compose yourself!

Thank you... You look very good too. Lee continued pouring herself a drink.

How's college?

Wonderful! Now that I don't have distractions...

Roger understood the underlines of that comment.

Yeah, I'm happy for you... Are you going to Fred's party?

I am indeed! Hope seeing you there also! Lee grabbed her drink and left to the stage leaving Roger hanging not knowing what had happened.

-

As the show ended, she went towards backstage where a group of girls stopped her.

Are you Roger's girlfriend? One girl yelled.

Lee didn't understand what she said due to the bar noise, so she got closer to the girl. What?

I asked if you were Roger's girlfriend?

No, why?

We used to saw you leaving with him and going out with him, but I guess you're just a groupie like every girl Roger sleeps with.

The group of girls left laughing, and Lee was paralysed. She looked around and saw multiple people looking at her knowing exactly what they were talking about.

She shook her head to leave that state of mind and went up to the security who stopped her.

Who are you?

It's Lee, I'm with the band!

Of course, you are. Please step aside.

Lee turned around trying to find the way out when he heard the securities.

Who was it?

I don't know, some girl trying to get to the band. Must be a groupie or something.

These girls these days...

Lee was shocked. I ain't no groupie. She left the bar and went to the back of the building where she saw the band along with Veronica and Chrissy.

Where were you darling? We were about to leave... Freddie asked while hopping off Roger's van.

The security didn't let me get to the backstage...

Well, and you're here so, let's get to the party folks!

Freddie helped Lee get into the van and followed her, closing the door behind him.

During the ride to the house, Lee couldn't stop thinking about what those girls said and what the securities called her.

If I'm a groupie, must at least take my advantage out of that title.

Lee couldn't imagine what that title would bring her. The word "groupie" would follow her since that day.

________________________________________________________________

A short chapter just for context! The next chapter is going to be gooooooddd