Chapter 14

The next morning, Lee woke up with the sun shining on her face. She opened her eyes slowly and sat on the bed. Confused, she looked around not recognising the place. Lee got up and as she reached for her bag, she noticed a note on top of it.

"Lee,

If you wanna talk, come over to my house.

Roger x"

What the fuck have I done...

Lee left the room and started going down the stairs. The living room was deserted and a mess. When she got to the bottom of the stairs she tripped over a bottle. She picked it up and looked at it.

"Taking advantage of my groupie title."

Oh no...

Lee left the bottle on top of the table and ran throw the door. When she got inside, she remembered. Fuck, my car.

It was 9am when Lee opened her front door, 2 hours ago she was waking up in a strange bed.

Look who she is... Where have you been, drunk lady?

At Freddie's party... I forgot I had my car in the pub so I had to take 2 buses to get there so I could come home... Lee dropped herself in the sofa.

So, anything interesting happened last night?

Oh, you have no idea.

Alex and Lee were having a coffee in their kitchen.

So, you don't remember anything after you spotted Roger by the staircase?

No... I mean... This morning when I was going down the stairs I tripped over a bottle of vodka and I remember something... Lee's cheeks turned red.

What Lee?

I remember... kissing Roger...

Oh no... Alex looked at Lee in disappointment.

And when I wake up, I saw this note on my bag. Lee handed Roger's note to Alex, which grabbed it immediately.

Oh no, Lee... You think something happened? You know, between you two?

I don't know... And that's what is bothering me!

Go talk to him then! He must remember at least something since he wrote this note...

Alex was right, and Lee hopped onto the shower and 15 minutes later she was out of the door, driving to Roger's house.

Lee parked her car in front of Roger's flat. It took 20 minutes to get to Kensington where Roger shared a flat with Freddie. Lee breathe in deeply and got out of the car and knocked on the door.

Roger's big blue eyes were small showing that he had just woke up, but when he saw Lee on his door, all his sleep disappeared.

I saw your note! What happened last night? Lee asked, not giving a chance to Roger to speak.

Well, good morning for you too! Do you wanna come in?

Lee entered the flat and sat herself on the sofa.

Is Freddie home? Lee asked.

No, must have crashed at some girl house.

Hum, okay...

So, you wanna know what happened?

Yes, please... You're note left me really confused! Did something happen... between us?

No... well, yeah...

Shit. She thought.

Roger proceeded to tell Lee the events of the anterior night.

But then you started crying and I didn't know what to do so I hugged you. The minute we were in the hug you fell asleep. I put you to bed and stayed awhile so no one would bother you. When the party started dying, I left.

Oh, okay... Lee was a little relieved. Thank you!

No worries! But I was concerned... What made you cry?

Lee didn't actually know so, she guessed.

I don't know... Maybe it was because of the alcohol and... You... And some things I heard...

What did you hear?

Lee stayed silent.

Oh, I know... You said something about taking advantage of a groupie title! Was that it?

No... Okay, yes it was! Lee got up and went to the kitchen, Roger followed her.

Why were you talking about groupies?

Because is what I am... Lee snapped. I think... At least is what everyone thinks... The girls at the pub called me out on that and when I tried to go to the backstage the security called me that... And everyone that was witnessing it thought the same thing! I read on their faces...

You are no groupie! Roger held Lee's face on his hands. To me, you are a very special friend... And the girl I love...

Lee looked in his big blue eyes and felt herself drowning. Roger kissed her.

He broke the kiss and looked at her big eyes.

Let's go have lunch!

____________________________________________________

Honestly, I wouldn't be bothered if I was Roger's groupie... okay, maybe a little(?)