Chapter 40

You know what John Reid suggested? Roger asked while having lunch in London.

After Lee's article came out, John Reid started to reunite with the boys in order to sign them and last September they signed the contract. Deaky was right indeed.

What?

He said we should do a free concert in Hyde Park in a way of thanking the fans!

That is such a good idea! When would it be?

Well, he still needs to get everything going with the tour and the album and then talk to the management of Hyde Park so... Maybe next year!

I really like that idea! Queen fans are going to be nuts!

They finished having lunch and drove back home. When Roger opened the door, the home phone was ringing so Lee answered it.

Hello! Leslie speaking!

Lee! My god! Where have you been? I have called you a thousand times!

I'm sorry... Me and Roger were out having lunch... What happened Aunt Lidia?

You need to come to Watford!

Why?

Your parents had an accident...

Lee paralysed. She couldn't hear what her aunt said next. Roger noticed Lee turning pale, so he ran to her and hold the phone continuing the phone call with her aunt. Roger turned to Lee as Aunt Lidia gave him the bad news, he answered they would be in Watford in an hour and hang up.

What did she say? Lee asked very quietly.

Roger hugged her before telling. He breathed deeply and finally spoke.

Your parents had an accident on their way to Kent and... the breaks didn't work so... they crashed...

Lee's eyes started watering.

And they didn't survive my love...

The first of many tears started running down her cheeks.

Lee stopped feeling her legs and her knees started trembling. She started to fell on the floor, so Roger hold her tightly and accompanied her to the ground.

She started sobbing and screaming in pain. Roger hugged hardly even though Lee fought trying to let go of his grip even pushing him away but not succeeding, eventually she gave up and embraced Roger's hug.

They stay like that for a few minutes before leaving to the car with only the clothes they had on their bodies.

Lee cried quietly all the journey to Watford. Roger was worried about her but didn't want to invade her mourning. After a while, Lee opened her purse and took out a little notebook and started to write, he wanted to ask what she was writing but he didn't want to bother her.

___________________________________________________

:(