Chapter 74

Come on in! Lee opened the door, welcoming her visits.

Wow, I love your new flat! So cozy!

Is not that new Alex... You haven't been here that's all! The friends seated on the couch.

I know but for me it's new!

So, how are you enjoying these vacations back in old London?

After Alex and her now husband Brandon moved to California, her and Lee haven't seen each other in person for a long time, of course they talked through the phone and Alex knew everything that was happening in Lee's life. The reconciliation with Roger, the pregnancy and then abortion.

Don't talk like you didn't left London at all!

I know... but sometimes it's like I never left!

Yeah well, same! London is the same... Always grey outside... California is the opposite!

Lee and Alex went to some restaurant for lunch and after that they said their goodbyes since Alex needed to go visit her and Brandon's parents.

She decided to phone Veronica.

Hey Veronica! It's Lee!

Hello! How's everything?

It's all good and you?

Busy with the kids but that's normal... She laughed.

God Veronica, I feel like we haven't talked in a while!

Same! How's your modelling career?

Well! Been doing some photoshoots! And the kids? How is Robert?

Every day they are bigger!

I feel sad for not being so present in Robert's life...

Oh no need to be! He understands his godmother is a very busy therefore successful woman!

Aw thank you! And John? Roger tells me they have been working like crazy! Two weeks ago, when I was in Paris, I tried to call him for three days and he wouldn't answer me! Turns out he'd been in the studio...

They have been working a lot yes, but they haven't spent that much time in the studio! They decided not to record until late hours because of Freddie, so he can rest properly... The sound of kids chattering can be heard in the background.

Oh... Then he must been with The Cross... Yeah, I think it was it!

Lee darling! I'd love to continue our conversation, but these little brats are always hungry... Can we talk another time?

Of course! Say to Robert that I'm going to visit him soon!

Will do! Bye!

Lee turned off the phone.

Could he be lying?

-

The next day, Roger left early again to the studio. Since Lee didn't have anything to do for the day, she invited Alexander over to catch-up with him.

Hi mister!

Hello miss! They embraced each other.

During lunch, Alexander talked about his new job and how Pearl, his dog, got pregnant and he doesn't know who the father is.

When she gives birth, I can take one of them! Me and Roger would be happy to have one little-Pearl running around!

Thank you! He laughs. Talking about Roger... How's everything?

Good! He's been busy though! Being in two bands at the same time it's not easy! Lee scratched the back of her head.

Alexander drank the last bits of his wine and then spoke.

Does Roger have a new car?

Yes! Why?

Nothing... Just asking!

Alexander... Talk to me!

He takes his plate to the sink and then seats back.

Have you been reading the magazines?

No... I don't really enjoy it!

Well, you should buy one once in a while...

Why do you say that?

Some photos came out of Roger buying a car...

Okay? Just paparazzi doing their job...

Yes, except there was a girl with him... And she didn't look like the seller!

-

Later that day, Lee went by a paper shop and bought a magazine. Alexander was telling the truth, not that Lee didn't believe him, but she wanted to see it with her eyes.

Photos of Roger and a blonde woman at a car shop were in the gossip column. Photos of them walking around, hugging and holding hands.

This cannot be happening again...

_________________________________________________________

roger :(