Chapter 107

June 2000

Lee hadn't told anyone about her condition. Not even Deaky. Not even Alex. Maddie was the only one that knew because she was the one that diagnosed her. Lee refused doing chemotherapy or any other treatment.

While Ana was at school, Lee decided to write a letter for her daughter telling everything. Her cancer and Ana's fatherhood. She deserved to know, and since the girl was too young to understand now, and since Lee was not likely to survive to tell her when she is older, this letter was the best way.

-

"Dear Strawberry,

I don't know how to begin this letter.

You were the best thing that ever happened to me, and I love you with all my heart, soul, and body.

You are 6 years old at the moment, about to be 7. But you are going to read this when you are much older, and it destroys me not being able to see you grow up into a woman.

I have breast cancer, and it is in an advanced stage. So, that is going to be my cause of death. I know you are going to be very confused when I disappear, because you are too young to understand this. And it is okay.

I will be always by your side, I will always be there to listen to you, your problems, your dilemmas, and your gossip.

I need to tell you other thing.

You had always a huge connection with your dad and I don't want to ruin that for you. I want you to still look and remember him as your dad because he is, even if it is not from blood.

I made a series of bad decisions, and a couple of them involved your real father, and they resulted in me having you.

In 1992, I was in Austria and I cheated on your dad with Uncle Roger. Me and Roger have a very long history and both of us made bad decisions that resulted in something amazing that is you. So yes, your real father is Roger, but your dad is Alexander.

I'm deeply sorry for keeping this from you for so long... I'm the one to blame, I made the bad decision. Roger has no idea and dad didn't knew either.

I hope you can forgive me for keeping this from you.

I will always love you and you are the love of my life,

Love,

Mum x"

-

What does this mean!? Roger yelled after reading the letter.

_______________________________________________________

strawberry fields forever by the beatles plays in the distance