Chapter 60

Deaky drove Lee home right after. She was not in the condition to drive plus, she had a couple of drinks too.

The morning after, Lee was woken by Dyrk kissing her cheek.

Good morning sunshine! Dyrk said with a loving voice.

Hi... I didn't expect to see you today...

Oh yeah, I wanted to surprise you last night so I booked a flight that would land right on time so I could go with you to that party, but there was a storm in Milan so the plane couldn't take off... I had to spend the night at the airport and flew here this morning...

Aw, you didn't have to...

I know, but I wanted to be by your side!

It's fine...

Lee got up from the bed and she was a mess. She still had her makeup on and her hair in a, what used to be, a ponytail. Her cheeks had the trace of tears with eyeliner and her eyes were swollen. Dyrk noticed right after she got to the window.

How everything went last night?

Great... It was nice seeing the boys! She tried to hide her face.

What about Roger? Did you talked to him?

No... Lee walked fast to the bathroom and Dyrk followed her.

Lee... I see your eyes... And the eyeliner on your face... He placed a hand on her cheek. What happened?

Lee breathed deeply and swallowed the tears.

You are going to hate me... She shed a tear.

Of course, I will not! Tell me...

He is going to be a father... And he suggested to Freddie that I went to the party so I could know it in first-hand... So, he could see me suffer...

Dyrk was confused.

That can't be true... He wouldn't do that! That's evil!

But he did! Freddie himself told me he wanted me there!

Lee turned to the mirror and started to wipe her face with a cloth.

But why are you so upset? You already knew he had a girlfriend...

That's why I said you would be mad if I told you!

I'm not mad, I just don't understand! He has a girlfriend, you have a boyfriend... You both had moved on! Yes, he hurt you, but it was a long time ago... The tone of his voice was harsh.

Lee stopped and looked in her eyes through the mirror. Calmly, she spoke.

We need to break up.

What?

I'm breaking up with you, Dyrk!

Listen, I know I shouldn't have talked like that but—

No! She turned to him. Can't you see? We are nothing alike! We haven't seen each other in weeks... We were supposed to be just a fling!

I don't understand...

I don't love you! Lee yelled. I never did! I liked the attention you gave me... And you were a good shag. But that's it!

You are not making any sense... Lee, I moved my all life because of you!

I didn't ask you to!

They were both looking at each other in silence.

You are always talking about how you hate Roger and how insensitive he is...

He left the bathroom, grabbed his coat and looked at Lee, that was by the door frame. But you are just like him... You are truly made for each other...

Dyrk left Lee's flat banging her door.

Lee stood still for a couple of minutes, processing what had just happened. She walked to the wall phone and dialled a number.

Alexander? Do you want to come over?

_________________________________________________

who liked Dyrk anyways...?