Chapter 78

January 1990

As a new year resolution, Lee decided to begin a new life. New year, new life, she thought. She had been living in Scotland with Alexander for almost a year and they were loving the country life. Lee retired from modelling, she wasn't doing much after she left Chanel so, it wasn't a big change.

The apple trees are going to be beautiful in the spring! Alexander said entering the kitchen through the back door.

That's awesome! Come sit... Lee taped the chair next to her.

Alexander and Lee have dedicated themselves to planting stuff, vegetables and fruits mainly.

The man seated next to Lee and started talking about the fields. She just admired him. Even though she rejected him all those years ago and gave him false hopes, Alexander stood by her side and supported her in everything.

Lee? Earth calling Lee? Alexander shook his hand in front of her face. I guess you don't care about the strawberries courts... He giggled.

No, it's not that! She laughed. I was just realising some stuff...

Like what?

She looked at him.

Do you remember when you declared your feelings for me? Back in '73?

Oh, if I remember... He blushed. It was your birthday and I gave you a gift card for Rosie's... pathetic! Alexander laughed while scratching the back of his head.

Yeah! I thought it was sweet... You know I never used it!

What? Really?

Yes... She got up and grabbed her purse. I kept it! Lee showed Alexander the card.

Oh my god... Why did you kept it?

I don't know... Maybe because it was the best pickup line someone ever used with me!

He laughed.

Alexander... Do you wanna go on a date with me?

Wh-what?

Do you wanna use this gift card with me? Let's go on a trip to London and have a meal there! It's going to be like old times...

Lee placed her hand on top of his.

Sounds amazing to me... He said.

-

So, this is where Lee have been hiding...

Hiding? She is living her life!

Roger was going through a magazine when he found some paparazzi shots of Lee in her home in Scotland. Brian was tuning his Red Special.

I don't understand why every time something happens in her life, she goes into hiding... With that boy Albert... Roger shuts the magazine.

Here we go again... Brian sights. His name is Alexander, and have you noticed you always do this?

Do what?

You fuck up with someone and when the person is trying to move on with their life, you start shaming them...

I don't do that! He said in a high pitched voice.

Yes, yes you do Roger... Brian got up.

Say one occasion that I did it!

Are you sure?

Yes! Roger said defiantly.

Well, when you broke up with Jo to be with Lee, you started to get paranoid if she would follow you or something when she was only dating your neighbour... When you cheated on Lee the first time and you broke up, she was living her life like a young adult would and you were super offended that she was partying and stuff! Now, you are all bothered that she doesn't want to see you and want to go forward with her life... The only one that you didn't materialise was Dom... And let's see what happens with Debbie!

Roger stayed quiet.

Oh, we are pointing Roger's problems! Freddie said storming into the studio. I love this game! He seated in the couch.

No, we are not! Roger hissed.

Oh, Brian dear... What did you told him? He's like a cat with rabies...

Nothing... Just described how toxic he is after he fucks up a relationship!

So... his bigger problem? Freddie laughed and coughed a little afterwards.

Yeah yeah, the international joke's on Roger day is over! I've messed up, I get it...

That's my favourite holiday! But now let's get to work darlings...

____________________________________________________________

'International "Joke's on Roger" Day' should be a real thing!!!!