Chapter 59

The day of the party finally came, and Lee chose her best outfit to wear. She admitted. She was going to see Roger, so she wanted to look good.

Lee chose a sparkly brown jumpsuit she received from Maddie on her birthday.

Dress to impress...

Dyrk was working aboard so he couldn't attend the party with her, so she was flying solo. Again.

Lee drove the car to Garden Lodge; a propriety Freddie had an eye on, but he wasn't sure about buying it, so he decided to rent it for a night and try it.

She arrived at 11:45pm. A little late but no one would notice.

The door to the garden was open so she entered and spotted Brian's big hair in a distance. Lee made her way to him.

Hi! Lee jumped in front of Brian and Chrissy.

Lee! You came! They hugged.

Oh my god! I love what you are wearing! Chrissy touched the sparkly jumpsuit.

Lee was about to answer when someone spoke.

I've seen better outfits...

You look pretty charming too Mr. Deacon!

Deaky laughed and hugged Lee.

So... How is everything going with the upcoming tour? Lee asked taking one of the flutes a garçon was serving.

We're very excited! Although it's going to be a small tour, we want to change things up! Brian said.

Yes! We're playing at smaller venues so we can have a more intimate show, darling! Freddie shouted appearing out of nowhere.

Freddie! Both hugged.

Freddie pulled Lee aside and guided her to the bar area.

I really like what you are wearing my dear! Is it a revenge outfit?

What? Of course not! It was something I had laying around!

Freddie hummed not believing in her.

Where's Mary? I haven't seen her in ages...

She wasn't feeling well... And we are kinda in a fight so...

Freddie!? I have someone that is dying to have a word with you! A man said. Oh, hi Lee!

The man gave Lee a kiss on the cheek.

I'm sorry! Do I know you?

This is Paul, my assistant! I think you already met! Freddie explained.

Oh yes, I remember now! My bad...

Yeah... Paul didn't look very interested in Lee. Freddie, can we...?

Oh yes! I'll see you around sweetie, have some drinks!

Freddie was about to leave when he turned around and whispered on Lee's ear. It was Roger that wanted you here!

Lee was confused. What?

Freddie disappeared in the crowd with Paul. That man never inspired trust in Lee. He was not good. But she thought it wasn't Lee's place to comment on it. She decided to forget the statement Freddie made.

A few hours went by, Lee had some drinks with the girls but wasn't that drunk. She had spotted Roger arriving with Dominique but didn't talk to them.

After Freddie talked in the name of Queen thanking everyone for showing up, Roger asked for the microphone.

Hello everyone! I hope you are having an amazing night so far! This night is about celebrating this new Queen tour, that we are very excited about, but tonight I'd like to celebrate other thing...

Dominique can you come here, baby? About 3 years ago, I found the most amazing person and the only one that can put up with my tantrums... And I'm ready to spend a lot more with you, growing old with you...

Everyone can stop the buzz! No, I'm not proposing! But I have great news!

Dominique and I are expecting a baby boy!

Everyone cheered.

But not Lee. She froze. Expecting? A baby?

A lot of people surrounded the couple and suddenly Lee didn't have anyone around her.

Lee strolled outside. The cold breeze flowed through her hair and entered Lee's lungs like little needles.

He is going to be a father... She said out loud.

She found herself by a stone bench almost hyperventilating. Her vision started to become white.

Lee! She heard.

Deaky spotted Lee heading outside right after Roger announced he was going to be a father. He decided to follow her and found her almost falling into the floor.

Deaky... He is going to be a father...!

I know Lee... Keep calm! She was breathing heavily, and tears were rolling down her face.

That's why he wanted me here... He wanted to me to know he is going to be a father! He wanted to me to know it in first-hand... Roger would know that I would stay like this so he could enjoy my misery!

But it was Freddie that invited you...

Yes! But Freddie told me in the beginning of the night that was Roger that wanted me to come... I hate him so much!

Lee was heartbroken. She didn't know what to do.

Deaky was seated on the grass with Lee on his arms sobbing. The scene was sad.

I thought you were happy! That you had forget Roger... You are dating Dyrk!

I don't like Dyrk! I just wanted a one night stand, but he came after me and the attention felt good and I thought I could make Roger jealous... Lee took a deep breath. I guess it didn't work, because he went and made a fucking baby!

___________________________________________________________

i feel bad :(

also, the cover is the jumpsuit Lee's wearing!