Chapter 75

The next month, Lee had to fly to Milan for work, leaving Roger alone again.

Roger, I don't know if what we are doing is correct...

Don't say that... We aren't doing anything wrong!

Roger and Debbie were laying down naked in his bed. In his and Lee's bed.

You have a girlfriend and I don't wanna be a side woman...

What are you saying?

Debbie began dressing herself and leaving the bed.

You have to make a choice! Is either me or Lee...

What? But I love Lee...

The girl put on her shoes and stopped by the door frame.

I believe you but you can't have us both!

She left Roger laying in bed perplexed. Who does she think she is...

Roger left for the day and that weekend was his turn to take Felix and Rory.

So, kids, do you like my new car? He asked while driving them to a theme park.

Yes! Did Lee help you? Felix asked.

No! I chose it by myself! What about you Rory? Do you like dad's car?  Roger said  looking at the little girl through the centre mirror.

I think so! Her high pitched voice made Roger smile.

-

A week later, Lee decided to fly sooner back to England to surprise Roger and the boys at the studio.

Lee landed at 3pm and the boys were supposed to be in the studio until 7pm, so she decided to go leave her bags home and then head to the studio.

She placed her key on the door, but it wasn't locked. Roger, Roger, always forgetting to lock the door...

The house was silent. Lee left her bags in the living room making a note to herself about unpacking. She took off her shoes and walked to her room so she could change into something more comfortable.

The room's door was half closed. She grabbed the doorknob and pushed it.

Lee entered the room but quickly stopped.

The room was a mess. Clothes all over the floor and someone sleeping on the bed.

She got closer to the bed, picking up the clothes that were laying around. Lee noticed woman's panties on the duvet, and she didn't recognised them as hers.

Lee looked to the headboard of the bed and saw two heads facing the door sleeping. She peaked through the duvet trying to see who it was, and it was when she realised.

What the fuck!? Lee shouted.

Roger woke up confused and looked at Lee and then at Debbie, that was waking up also.

This is not what it looks! Roger left the bed putting on his briefs.

Really? What does it look like then? Two strangers cuddling naked on my bed?

No... we... Roger didn't know how to explain himself.

Excuse me, I don't know your name, but can you PLEASE leave my bed and my house! Lee talked to Debbie.

Of course! The girl jumped out of the bed and dressed herself in half a second. I'm sorry...

Lee left the room right after Debbie left the house. She sat on the couch with her hands covering her face. Roger appeared in the living room, now fully clothed.

Lee, I'm so sorry... I—

No! I don't wanna hear it... I fucking deserved it! I shouldn't have accepted you back in the first place! But I ignored all the red flags... Lee confronted him. Where were you those three days, I tried to call you? And don't lie this time, I know you aren't doing late night sessions because of Freddie...

I... I was staying at Debbie's house...

For three days?

Yes...

I don't belie— Was with her you went to buy the Mustang?

How do you know about that?

It doesn't matter! Was it or was it not with her?

Lee was shouting at Roger's face. Her neighbours definitely heard her.

Roger! Was it her the girl that you were hugging and holding hands on the fucking magazine when you bought the white fucking Mustang? Roger stayed silent. Answer me!

Yes!

You disgust me! She fired quickly. How could I be so dumb? I felt something wasn't right when you didn't answer my phone calls, but I believed you when you told me you were at the studio! Then I saw your pictures on the magazine, but I decided to ignore it because they could have been taken out of context...

I'm sorry Lee...

Can you stop fucking apologising? Lee through everything that was on the centre table to the ground.

Lee, I love you! I've done a terrible thing and I really messed up, but I care for you so much!

Oh please!

If you don't want me to apologise, what do you want me to say?

Lee was perplexed. Roger was acting like the situation wasn't that serious and was trying to brush off the guilt.

You know what I want? I want you to leave my house! Take your things and fucking leave! I don't wanna see you anymore in my life! Hell, pretend you don't even know me! Pretend we didn't spent all this time together! Pretend that we weren't going to be parents! Because I think you are really good at that!

I didn't want it to end like this... Roger grabbed his coat.

How did you want it to end then? I would accept you sleeping with every girl you fancy?

Roger left the flat leaving the door bang echoing throughout the house. Lee was standing still on the middle of the living room. She was regretting every decision she ever made that regarded Roger.

She regretted going to see Brandon's pal at Estate College. She regretted accepting to go on a date on that summer of '71 with Roger. She regretted helping Queen as manager. She regretted starting to model.

Lee fell on her knees yelling on top of her lungs. The scream was full of sorrow and anguish. She just wished she could phone her mum and asked for help and advice. But she couldn't even do that.

___________________________________________________

man :(