Chapter 26

29th March 1973

The sun rose very bright that day, like he knew what day it was. Lee opened her eyes with a sunshine going directly into them. She got up and noticed Roger wasn't on the bed. Very early riser...

She strolled out of the room with only a T-shirt that was Roger's.

Good morning? Lee said uncertain of the scene that she found when got to the kitchen.

Roger, wearing only his briefs and an apron, was on the kitchen stove baking pancakes. The table behind him had plenty of food to feed an entire military.

You're already up? Shit!

What is happening here? She laughed at his upset face.

I'm cooking you breakfast! He spread his arms showing off his apron.

Well, I can see that but why?

Because it's your birthday, dummy...

Oh!

Lee had been so occupied managing everything for the upcoming tour that she didn't even realised her birthday was coming up.

You don't have to worry about anything! Just sit here and enjoy this beautifully made breakfast!

Why do I smell burnt?

What? Oh, shit! Roger turned to the stove and his pancakes were black.

Well, lucky for you, that were the last ones, so you have plenty here!

He brought the pancakes to the table and sat himself across Lee.

Roger, you didn't have to have all this trouble...

No! Everything for you! You have been helping us so much, doing everything you can and can't! So, this is just a small gesture...

Awn... She kissed him. Thank you, baby!

And today you don't have to do anything! You are going to have the day off—

Oh no, I have a phone meeting arranged for—

No, you don't! It's cancelled! This day it's only about you! We are going to do anything you want! You want to go in a road trip? Off we are! You want to go shopping? I'll pay! You want to fuck all day? Let's begin! Lee was laughing at Roger silliness. What matters is that, I want to do it with you!

Roger... She caressed his face. I think the last idea it's pretty good...

Nice... He begin to take off his apron.

Oh no! I'm only fucking you if you keep the apron!

Yes sir! He grabbed her and kissed her uncontrollably and took her to the room.

Oh wow! Baby... You do things to me...

-

Roger and Lee laid naked on the bed trying to catch their breaths. The girl snuggled Roger's side.

Oh, by the way! Freddie planned you a birthday party at the stall!

Really? It wasn't necessary...

You know Freddie, he just needed a reason to throw a party so... he did!

Okay then... but I think it's gonna be a pretty lame party!

Why do you think that?

Well, I don't have many friends... Who do you invite?

The boys are going, along with Veronica, Chrissy and Mary, I talked to Alex and her boyfriend too... and the boy from Rosie's diner!

What? Alexander?

Yes, that's his name!

Why...

Well every time we went there you always talked and seemed like friends and when we order food from there, it's always him that come to deliver it... but if you don't want him to come, I can tell him!

No, it's okay... I just didn't think you paid attention to that kind of stuff!

Darling... If a guy is trying to pull a move on you, I notice... And I talked to him and he seemed like a nice guy so, I allow him to come!

Oh, okay...

_______________________________________________________

Let's see what is going to happen at this party, uh!