Chapter 69

Lee and Roger decided to keep the pregnancy hidden the first months and only tell family and close friends knew.

Everyone was very excited about the new baby. Brian had 3 kids, Jimmy, Emily and Louisa, Deaky had 5 children already, Robert, Lee's godson, Michael, Laura and Joshua, they were really big now. Roger, of course, had Felix and Rory. Freddie was the only one without children, not that he didn't want them or didn't like them, he always loved kids, but he says that he wouldn't have enough time to be with them.

He and Mary had broken up after he came out as bisexual, but now Freddie identifies as a gay man and as a relationship with Jim Hutton, a truly loving guy that who's eyes light up every time he sees Freddie.

Alrighty, we need to celebrate this new child that is entering the Queen family! Freddie elevates his cup.

Deaky and Veronica arranged a little party to celebrate Lee's pregnancy.

It was July and the weather was hot. Roger was a little busy with recording the album for his new band, The Cross, but he wouldn't spend endless nights at the studio so he could be with Lee for anything she needed.

The group cheered and drank their glasses of champagne, except Lee of course.

Lee, what did you prefer? A boy or a girl? Anita, Brian's new girlfriend, asked.

Hmm... I really wanted a boy! But I don't really care, if it's healthy is everything that matters!

That's so interesting, almost every woman I know, wants to have a baby girl... Veronica pointed.

I mean, if I have a girl, I would be just as happy! But I think boys are so charming as baby's... She laughed. I don't know!

The rest of the girls join her laughing.

Well, if he has the charming looks of his father... He sure would be very popular among girls! Anita joked seeing Roger approaching.

I heard something about my looks! I hope is nothing bad... He hugged the sides of Lee. Is everything alright baby?

Yes love!

They shared a small kiss.

The evening went fast, and Lee noticed it was almost 7pm. Lee's feet and hands were starting to swell because of the many hours she spent standing. Roger drove both back home and they went directly to bed.

The window of Lee's room was open as the weather was still hot. Wind was invading the small room where Lee and Roger were sleeping. She was sleeping on top of his bare chest when she started to feel small pain in her genitalia.

At the beginning, it was like a bad cramp and rapidly it escalated to serious pain. Lee woke up with a scream because of the pain that was similar to needles poking in her uterus.

Lee? What's happening? Roger stand up quickly.

It hurts! Help me! Roger, help me!

Roger got off bed almost tripping over and turn on the lights to find a horrible vision of their bed.

The pure white duvet was stained red. Lee removed the duvet away and the sight was even terrifying.

I think I'm losing the baby...

__________________________________________

:( oh no