Chapter 61

6 years had passed. It was 1985.

Lee had changed her name legally to Leslie Marie Saints, since no one could pronounce her surname right. She is very successful. She's currently the face of Chanel, but she had model for other brands too.

Her dating life is stable. Lee hasn't had any serious relationships. She had been seen with a lot of musicians and actors. Between Tommy Lee, Steven Tyler and Harrison Ford. Lee was even involved in a scandal with Johnny Depp, since he was only 22 when they, allegedly, got involved.

Even though, Roger and she had broken up almost 10 years ago, Lee was still seen has a groupie, either of Taylor's or any other musician.

Lee was still in contact with the boys of Queen. Deaky and her would reunite every weekend they could and talk for hours. She felt really lucky for having him in her life and be able to tell him anything. Freddie would invite her to all their parties, even if she wouldn't show up to many of them. Lee still talked to Brian but not on the regular basis. And of course, Roger.

Things had settled down since they last fought. They had a conversation as grownups they were and called truces.

Freddie had come out as bisexual to Lee that year and revealed to her that he was breaking up with Mary because of it. He also told her about a guy he had met and that he was mesmerised by him.

Lee attended their concert at Live Aid at the Wembley Stadium. At the after party, she noticed Freddie was more tired than usual.

Is everything okay? With Freddie I mean... Lee asked the group.

I don't know... he seems tired these days! We don't really know why... Brian responded.

Maybe it's all the parties he attends... They say they are crazy! Roger said.

It's because of that Paul... He makes him do a thousand things and takes him to strange bars full of alcohol and drugs... Deaky pointed with a little disgust.

Pretty much everyone in that room have had at least one experience with drugs. They lived in a time of discoveries and these substances were new.

In the 70s, Freddie would always get some LSD or something for their parties, but nothing too extreme. They would get high and have a good time, and that was it.

In her trips, Lee had experimented with cocaine and other things, but they would give her terrible headaches, so she just never tried it again.

After those crazy years, everyone calmed down. But not Freddie. He always like to live on the edge, and Paul Prenter only fuelled that fantasy.

During that group conversation, Lee realised something.

She went for a drink and Roger followed her.

I know that face... What are you thinking?

It can be nothing, but you have to promise me not to tell anyone!

Of course...

Last year, I travelled to my dad's home country and stayed there a couple of months. There I met a very famous Portuguese singer that reminded me very much of Freddie! He used to dress crazy and the way he singed was very special too...

Used to? Roger asked.

Yes... Like I said, he reminded me of Freddie! He liked to travelled to New York and all that big cities and party like there was no tomorrow!

I'm sorry, I don't understand where you do wanna get...

He was gay. And he died later last year with a disease that is very common among the gay community...

Do you think...? Roger asked quietly.

I don't know Roger... But the symptoms he had were very similar to what Freddie is showing... Tiredness, paleness, weakness... I really hope I'm wrong Roger!

You have to be... I'm pretty sure he's just tired!

_______________________________________________________________

:(

i really like for you to listen to the artist that i talked about on this chapter, his name is António Variações, he is some pictures of him! my favourite song of his is 'Canção de engate' (coupling song)

here is the song! ^