Chapter 83

AN: hey guys, i hope everyone is safe and healthy at home! in this chapter i talk a little about death and i just wanted to say that i dont mean to offend anyone with this matter... hope you enjoy it tho!

November 24th

Lee and Alexander drove all night without stopping so they would arrive on time. As Alexander was turning off the engine of their car, Lee received a phone call. She answered and the car quietly become silent. Lee said goodbye and turned off the phone.

Lee?! Who was it? Is there any news? Alexander asked seeing Lee paralysed looking into the distance. Lee!! Answer me!

He...He's... is gone... Lee mumbled.

Oh no...

Alexander turned the car on again and drove as fast as he could to Freddie's home. When they got there, only Brian, Roger, Jim and Queen's manager, Jim Beach, were there.

We came as soon as possible! Lee said to Brian.

I didn't expect you to be here so soon...

Yesterday, I read the news and we came immediately... I'm so sorry! Lee hugged Brian. Have you talked to Deaky?

I've phoned him and he said he was coming as fast as his car let him!

I'm worried about him...

Deaky and Veronica arrived an hour later. Deaky was devastated, everyone was, but he couldn't keep the sorrow to himself. He tried but couldn't.

Three days later, the funeral was about to begin when Brian approached Lee.

Can I ask you something?

Of course!

Would you like to speak in the name of the band at Freddie's funeral?

Lee wasn't expecting that offer.

I understand if you don't want to... I'll be talking too, but I figured it would be good for you to speak too!

No! I'll do it!

-

That evening.

And with that. Brian said. I'd like to give the word to Lee... We love you Freddie!

Lee took Brian's stand while she cleared her throat.

Good evening, everyone! I've come a little unprepared, but I figured it would be better to improve... Freddie was very good at it! She let out a little laugh. I'm here to speak for the band and as a friend! Very few people know this, but I met Freddie because he saved me. Yes, he saved me. He saved me from a drunk man from doing God knows what! Since then, I've had a huge respect and admire for him. He helped a lot of people, through his music, his performance in stage and he will carry on helping people through it. And I want it to be that way! And he would want it too! We cannot be selfish and keep him to ourselves... We need to share him, because Freddie is enough for everyone! I'll forever have a little of Freddie in my heart, and I'm sure you will have too! Lee stopped. Freddie, I love you and I'll always love you... Keep the party going up there!

People started applauding and Lee buried her face on her husband's embrace, trying to hide the tears.

Roger watched the couple from where he was seated, with Debbie by his side. He knew it was wrong, due to the circumstances, the loss of one of his brothers, and his girlfriend right beside him, but he only wish it was him the one comforting Lee.