Chapter 24

Alex! Over here! Lee shouted from the other side of the street.

Bitch! Long time, no see! The girls hugged.

Same! Oh my god you look so good!

Thank you! I had to dress accordingly with a successful manager! Congratulations!

Oh Al, thank you but it's easy when the band you're managing is family and so talented...

I heard! They just released an album! Are they going on tour?

Yes! In the end of the year, for now they are gonna do some appearances on some pubs and do some interviews!

The girls seated in the terrace of Rosie's diner.

Talking about interviews... Have you read the latest magazines?

Oh no, I don't have time for that! But what about it?

Well... Alex grabbed her purse and took a magazine from inside. See for yourself.

Lee started going through the magazine that was full of Queen photos.

This is good! The boys are everywhere!

Keep going...

She skimmed a few pages and got to the gossip session and realised why Alex was so worried.

"With the fame that the band Queen are gaining, the amount of fans is starting to rise too. Most of the fans are girls that are attracted to not only the amazing music by the boys but also by the looks of them.

Some girl fans get to meet the band backstage and spend the night with them partying (and some other things). But not all of the girls have the same luck as this girl that is being seen with the blonde drummer, Roger Taylor.

The two have been seen together in shows, appearances and interviews but also in his daily life. And looks like the groupie was promoted to manager of the band. Yes, the rising band Queen is managed by a groupie, what helps them in their credibility (not so much actually).

Even though the two of them, apparently, live together, but to us, the house is Roger's and the girl is just crashing there, the drummer has been seen getting cozy with other girls on the pubs when the manager is not around.

Manager or just another groupie? To us, another lucky groupie."

The article was accompanied by photos of the band, Roger alone, Lee and Roger and some suggestive pictures of him with girls.

What the fuck? Who wrote this? Lee yelled. This is a bunch of lies!

Lee, calm down... It's just a journalist doing their job, sticking their noses where they don't belong!

Yeah well, looks like they've made an amazing job on smashing my reputation! Lee drank her soda angrily.

Lee... I don't wanna upset you but... Are you sure that all of the article is wrong?

What do you mean? Of course, I am!

I'm talking about Roger with other girls... you know, the boy as a history!

Alex, what? Roger promised never to cheat on me!

I believe you, but with the alcohol and the adrenaline... and you not being around... maybe a thing led to other and...

No! Lee stood up from her chair. No! I refuse to believe that! Roger could never! And I can't believe that you are not on my side...

Alex pushes her back to her seat.

From being on your side, it's why I'm having this conversation... Since you started dating Roger, you changed! You haven't written to Maddie in two months, you haven't called your parents even though you bought a phone to do so and you haven't hung out with me and Brandon in such a long time... Lee calmed down and listened to her. Looks like you've devoted to Roger so much you are forgetting to live your life! I think it's awesome that they gave you a job and you are liking it but when they are partying after shows, you are planning the next one! You are his girlfriend! Not his maid, you are supposed to enjoy his success with him...

Lee was quiet, processing everything Alex said.

You're right... I should enjoy this happy fase with him! But I don't think he would cheat on me... Maybe these pictures were taken out of context!

Maybe you're right! But talk to him, ask him...

I will Al! Thank you for being such a good friend... And... I'm sorry for not being with you as much! I'm really forgetting to live my life.

That's what friends are for! Now have your hamburger!

Lee and Alex chatted the rest of the evening, laughing and eating like old times.

Well, it's been a blast, but I have to go now! Alex announced.

Oh really? We're having such a good time!

I know, but I have some work to do for tomorrow!

Okay! They said their goodbyes.

Lee kept seated on her chair finishing her tea when a man approached her.

Hi... Lee, right?

Yes...

Hi! It's Alexander! From the diner...

Oh yeah, the two first names guy...

Yeah that's me!

Well, you can have a seat if you want...

Thanks. Alexander took the seat where Alex was.

I just wanted to apologise for the other day...

What?

Well, I kinda disrespected you when I talked about your boyfriends band... I didn't know your boyfriend was the drummer.

Lee now remembered. Alexander talked about all the girls his major had fell head over heels with Roger and how he took some of them backstage.

Yeah, well... You don't have to apologise! You didn't know... And it is true, he used to take some girls backstage... Not anymore!

I'm glad! He should be very grateful for having such a beautiful girl by his side.

Lee stopped as he ended the sentence and looked at him. Are you trying to flirt with me, lad?

Yeah, I think he is! I should get going! A lot to do, I have! She stood up and grabbed her purse.

It was nice talking to you! See you around! Bye!

Bye Lee!

What the fuck!?

___________________________________________

Do you remember Alexander? I told you to not forget about him! He will be very important!