Chapter 15

August 1972

"Dear Maddie,

How've you been? Good, I hope! Happy to know that Luc finally made the move on you and now you're dating! Very happy indeed!

I went to Watford last month and saw your parents! Ms. D'Amico gave me some pies to bring to college, what a lovely lady! They miss you very much!

Roger and I are living a dream lately. He moved to my flat after Alex went living with her boyfriend, Brandon. Happier would be impossible, I think!

Queen got signed on a label and have been recording their debut album. It's gonna take a few months for it to be finished but once it is, I'll ship you a copy signed by all the boys dedicated to you and Luc!

I graduated college last month (a little sad that you couldn't be here), and afterwards the boys gave me and Alex a party. I think Freddie only wanted a motive to through one and it was crazy as always!

I hope this letter get to you and find you well!

Kisses from your good friend,

Lee x"

Lee? Are you home?

Roger has been getting late home since they are recording the album.

How are you blondie? Lee entered the living room after Roger throw himself onto the sofa.

A little tired and you my love? Roger hugged her as she sat next to him.

Good. I wrote a letter to Maddie; can you take it to the post office tomorrow?

Of course!

Roger and Lee stayed in the sofa, cuddling the rest of the night.

The next morning, Lee woke up and was still in Roger's arms in their living room.

Roger wake up!

Humm, just 5 more minutes...

Lee looked at the clock.

Roger, it's 10am, get your ass out of the sofa!

Roger jumped.

Oh my god, I'm so late! Fred's gonna kill me... I can't take your letter to the post office, is that okay? He asked as he run to the room and changed clothes.

Yes, of course. Now go!

I'm gone! Roger stole a kiss from Lee and run through the door.

Idiot. Lee laughed.

Since she finished college, her days have been a little lonely, especially with Roger most of the day out and Alex living in the other side of the Thames. So, she was happy she had an excuse to go out. Lee tidied the house, got lunch and left to the post office.

It was a specially hot August in London that year. Very odd. Lee drove to the post office and sent the letter to Maddie. As she got out of the shop, she spotted a coffee Alex and she used to go when they were in the first year of college, most of her meals were from there. So, she had the idea of go grab some food and go make the boys a surprise.

Hi! Welcome to Rosie's diner! What are you gonna have this morning?

Hey! Yes... I'd like six ham sandwiches, four apple pies and five beers, please! To take away!

Alright! Looks like you're very hungry! The guy behind the counter laughed as he grabbed everything Lee asked for.

No, actually I'm surprising my boyfriend's band with lunch!

Oh! I see...

The guy putted everything in bags.

Alrighty! That's six ham sandwiches, five beers and four apple pies! It's gonna be 4,70 pounds!

There you go! You can keep the change!

Oh, thank you!

Lee turned herself around and was on her way to the door when the cashier talked again.

Wait! I'll help you with the bags!

Oh, there's no need! The boy didn't listen and runned to her and hold a bag.

-

Alright! This is my car! Thank you for carring my bag!

You're welcome! The guy considered the next move. My name is Alexander! Alexander Elvis!

Wow, two first names! Leslie Santos! People call me Lee!

Well, nice to meet you Lee! He paused. I'm sorry but... you look really familiar to me! Where do you go to college?

Went! I graduated last month! But I went to Chelsea!

That's it! I go to Chelseas College too! I think I remember you from some concert, maybe your boyfriends!

Yeah, maybe... He used to perform many times there!

Yes! The girls my class were always hoping the drummer would lay them!

Lee looked at Alexander.

I need to go... Alexander noticed Lee's change of humour.

Wait! Did I say something wrong?

No.

And she drove off to the studio.

She parked the car and grabbed the bags of food and went into the building.

Hi boys! Lee greeted them as she dropped the bags on some couch the studio had.

Baby, what are you doing here? Roger got up and helped her.

I was bored so, I got you guys some food!

Sweet! Deaky cheered from inside the recording booth.

Lee distributed the food through the guys and then she seated next to Roger eating her ham sandwich, very quiet.

Love? Is everything alright?

She looked at him and shook her head affirmatively and smiled. He continued eating his lunch and Lee kept looking at him, thinking if he would ever be capable of cheating on her.

_____________________________________________________

Do I smell drama? Keep an eye on Alexander, the cashier!